Changing default Speedo to MPH from KMH

Share your FORScan experience with other users
axle13
Vehicle: crown victoria, 4.6l v8, 2008

Re: Changing default Speedo to MPH from KMH

Post by axle13 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:08 pm

This is just thinking outl oud, and may not apply to newer vehicles/f150 but I've been comparing Canadian and US crown vics and grand marquis (2007-2011). This task inteself is easy as there is only a single line of code for the panther platform IC and only one block of data that is used. Comparing similar vehicles and the as-built data, I have not found any difference in the code between the mph and kph clusters which leads me to believe that the default reading is hard coded (in part due to the fact that the primary speed indicator is an analog display. The odometer is switchable between kph and miles, and the digital/analog display on cars so equipped is also toggleable between miles and kph). I hope I'll be proved wrong on this, but just want to present it as a possibility if ford retained that programming method.

lenko
Vehicle: 2015 Lincoln MKC, 2.0 Ecoboost

Re: Changing default Speedo to MPH from KMH

Post by lenko » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:10 am

My speed in Kilometers reads high upwards of 4 KM at higher speeds. This way the odometer shows higher than what you actually traveled. Their logic would be to tie the speedo and the odometer so you are out of warranty quicker. I put a digital speedometer in the center of the dial one and it reads right on with Garmin and or satellite. This however does not correct the odometer. You are probably right - they are devious so you can't change it.