Post by jorgemef » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:50 pm

Before reset.png
Before reset.png (166.2 KiB) Viewed 699 times
Before reset.

jorgemef
Vehicle: Ford S-MAX

Re: Ford S-Max 2.0 tdci - P003A:17-2F - correct VANE POS values

Post by jorgemef » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:16 am

I had exchanged the vacuum control solenoid (origin was leaking vacuum when closed) for a chinese one but the car got oscillating when cruising or accelerating.
I compared the VGT traces by replacing the turbo solenoid with the solenoid which controls throttle body (same solenoid), and the VGT response is more smoth and the car accelerates better. Probably the chinese solenoid has a higher flow rate as when compared to the origin one.
I opened the old valve and there is a tune screw which is spot welded in the origin valve. Probably the same tune is not done in chinese valves.
The car still drops black smoke. Will test with an EGR blanking plate to see if that is the source. Not sure it the latest LIMP mode was on the EGR or the chinese valve now. :) With the original defective I was getting P003A:16-28 and with the chinese one I was getting P003A:17-68.
Since I can only trace the error when driving fast in highway for some time or uphill for some time, I have to wait and see.
Here the trace with the origin valve as compared to the chinese valve (earlier shared traces):
Origin valve.PNG
Origin valve.PNG (140.83 KiB) Viewed 683 times