Ford Windshield Wiper Problem

Share your FORScan experience with other users
BigBird0000
Vehicle: 2012 Ford Focus

Ford Windshield Wiper Problem

Post by BigBird0000 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:45 pm

:?: I have had windshield wiper problems (coming on by itself, not working when wiper switch is turned on).

Is it possible to turn the wipers on using FORScan (or what would be the command if I sent it by my own program and OBDII interface)? Can I view the status of what the computer sees the switch as?

Thanks!

FORScan
Site Admin

Re: Ford Windshield Wiper Problem

Post by FORScan » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:11 am

Current version of FORScan has no actuators function, this functionality is going to be added in the future versions. Good question, however, if the function is available over the diagnostic protocols. It depends on model. New models have a lot of actuators available, but we are not sure about wiper. Also, the wiper button PID may be available for your model (in GEM/BDM module), if so you can at least check the button and its wire.

BigBird0000

Post by BigBird0000 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:52 am

Any idea where I can find documentation - what the wiper switch pid might be?

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:03 am

BigBird0000 wrote:Any idea where I can find documentation - what the wiper switch pid might be?
In general case different vehicles have different set of PIDs, sometimes completely different. Workshop manuals for US market models often contain this information. Otherwise, you can look for it in the PID selection dialog of FORScan. It has a filter field at the top, you can enter the word "wiper" there and may be some PID will be found. Please don't forget to select right module (one responsible for body - usually GEM/BDM).

If nothing helps, please sned calibration/strategy info of your vehicle (content of Vehicle->Configuration tab), we will try to check it as well.

BigBird0000

Post by BigBird0000 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:08 pm

OK, I forgot about the search! (Doh)!

I will try it, and send you the info if I can't find it.

Thanks very much!
(I am a sw developer, so I also have my own set of programs for logging, viewing things...)