Disable synthetic engine sounds Focus ST3 2016 UK spec

Share your FORScan experience with other users
Twonks
Vehicle: Focus ST3 Diesel UK spec

Disable synthetic engine sounds Focus ST3 2016 UK spec

Post by Twonks » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:37 pm

Hi all.

Eventually found this place and despite many searches I haven't found a definitive answer yet.

I have a UK spec 2016 Focus ST-3 Diesel, and want to turn off the syntheti engine noises that come through the speakers.

Have found all sorts ranging from pulling fuses and removing cables in the US specced cars with Sony 10 speaker systems, and something on the USA F150 van site that mentions Forscan and a hex code to disable it all together.

Also found that setting the speakers to 10 or 11 speaker (when you don't have it) removes the synthetics. I have currently done this and feel the sound is a lot better but have a sneaking suspicion there is still something there.

So far I can't find out exactly how to do it, despite using Focccus to sort a couple of things out I am not sure about this.

My car has the std Sync 2 8" head unit and doesn't have premium audio.

I have the latest Forscan, a switchable adaptor and the enhanced trial license.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Twonks
Vehicle: Focus ST3 Diesel UK spec

Re: Disable synthetic engine sounds Focus ST3 2016 UK spec

Post by Twonks » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:21 am

Any thoughts on this please?

I read on a UK forum yesterday that Ford have stopped using the fake engine sounds on the diesel ST, but I can't get evidence of this so far.

Getting fed up of being told stories from Ford UK and my local dealer saying it can not be turned off !