egr

Share your FORScan experience with other users
william

egr

Post by william » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:43 pm

hi I have a question regarding ( reset egr adaptations) for the mk4 mondeo, will this procedure clear the (kam) only or does it also clear the base settings that have to be entered into the pcm when the egr is first installed into the car.
08 mk4 mondeo 2.0 140 bhp

FORScan
Site Admin

Re: egr

Post by FORScan » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:13 pm

The procedure does reset the learned values for EGR valve stored in PCM, returning it to the state that matches to the new EGR valve installed (factory settings).

william

Post by william » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:59 pm

ok thanks, so the base settings that are programed to the pcm when a new erg is installed are safe, only the learned values after that are reset.

william

Post by william » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:31 pm

this is what it says in the manual about my car, (If a new EGR valve is installed. The base setting (closed position) value must be configured to the PCM using the Ford approved diagnostic tool. If the base setting is not configured to the PCM, the setting from the previous EGR valve will be used and the control function of the EGR system will be incorrect.) so what a am trying to find out is, is resetting the egr valve adaptations the same as configuring the base settings to the pcm or is this a different procedure. thanks.

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:01 am

william wrote:this is what it says in the manual about my car, (If a new EGR valve is installed. The base setting (closed position) value must be configured to the PCM using the Ford approved diagnostic tool. If the base setting is not configured to the PCM, the setting from the previous EGR valve will be used and the control function of the EGR system will be incorrect.) so what a am trying to find out is, is resetting the egr valve adaptations the same as configuring the base settings to the pcm or is this a different procedure. thanks.
This is the same procedure implemented in FORScan. It may sound differently: "Reset adaptations", "Reset learned values", "Set to base setting", "Set to factory setting", "Configure closed position" etc. but they all mean the same in case of your model.

william

Post by william » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:28 am

ok thank you for clearing that up for me, with the different wording in the manual I thought there was two different procedures for the egr, the procedure reset egr valve adaptations will be a big plus for mondeo owners and is much appreciated, any procedures that save a trip to the ford garage is all good. thanks.