AFR PID for 2014 Fiesta ST 1.6l Ecoboost

Share your FORScan experience with other users
MOFiST
Vehicle: Ford Fiesta ST 1.6l 2013

AFR PID for 2014 Fiesta ST 1.6l Ecoboost

Post by MOFiST » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:01 am

Forscan Devs,

Firstly thanks for the great programs that you've allowed us to use.
I've got your iPhone Forscan App to work with my Cheap MSCAN switched Bluetooth ELM327 on a jailbroken iOS7.1.2 using two Cydia Plugins Called roqyBT7 and roqyOBD7.
You need to then set the network to 127.0.0.1 on your app and use port 35000. ;)

I was wondering if there is a way for me get Air/Fuel (Lambda) info as I cannot find it as a listed PID on either your program or Dash Command.
Dash Command offer a paid upgrade which still doesnt appear to provide this info.
Another person who uses my car says the Torque app for android can display Lambda so I wonder how this can be achieved?
There are other PIDs that would also be useful. Like "Engine Knock" and "Oil Temp" if these are somehow available?

thanks, Len

FORScan
Site Admin

Re: AFR PID for 2014 Fiesta ST 1.6l Ecoboost

Post by FORScan » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:14 am

We are not experts in oxygen sensorts, but as far as we understand, A/F ratio PID is available only for wide band O2 sensors. It is not possible to read A/F ratio from narrow band O2 sensors just because it doesn't have this information (only voltage and short fuel trim % are available). Reference to article: http://www.enginebasics.com/EFI%20Tunin ... asics.html

However, we don't know what type of O2 sensor is on 2014 Fiesta ST 1.6 Ecoboost. Our database has the A/F PID for 2013 Fiesta 1.6 TiVCT. But we have any information about the A/F PID for your model.

We can recommend to check the OBDII module PIDs in FORScan (select OBDII instead of PCM at the bottom of Dashboard). OBDII PIDs are standard and FORScan reads information about their support right from the ECU according to the OBDII specification. If PIDs like EQ_RATxx are available in the list, it most likely means your vehicle has wide band O2 sensor. Otherwise, if PIDs like O2Sxx.STFT are available in the list, it most likely means your vehicle is equipped with a narrow band O2 sensor.

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:22 am

MOFiST wrote:There are other PIDs that would also be useful. Like "Engine Knock" and "Oil Temp" if these are somehow available?
Can you please provide your calibration (displayed in Vehicle->Configuration)?

MOFiST
Vehicle: Ford Fiesta ST 1.6l 2013

Post by MOFiST » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:41 am

Hi, We have wideband for certain.
There are 2 exhaust stream sensors one is wideband before the catalytic then one is narrow for cat efficiency.
Here's the vehicle calibration as you requested>

I did have a look in the OBDII PIDs for the AFR info but could not see that info listed.

When I open the application "Torque" on an Android phone the Air/Fuel Ratio is available.
Here's a screen cap of Air/fuel in the Torque Scan Plugin.

If I can help in another way please let me know.
thanks again.

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:07 am

We have checked our PID database for your model, and it seems there is no A/F PID here. More than, both upstream and downstream sensor PIDs seem to have the same scaling, that's a bit odd if we assume they are different (one is wideband and another is narrow). As for Torque, as far as we know the PIDs started from 'ff' mean calculated PIDs. In other words, they calculate this PID using data from other PIDs. However, we don't know how they do it and if we can trust to these calculations.

There should be 2 PIDs in PCM module, O2S11 and (Bank1 sensor 1) and O2S12 (Bank1 sensor 2). It would be interesting to look at graphs of these PIDs on 2000 RPM.

vlaST
Vehicle: 2013 Fiesta ST

Post by vlaST » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:47 pm

log.png
dyno run
log.png (34.52 KiB) Viewed 9501 times
I have the 2013 Fiesta ST.
I tested FORScan logging on a laptop when running on the dyno, and it was very useful for comparing different calibrations(maps)
You think it's possible to log more PIDs with my model, knock retard would be very useful.
Maybe you could check your database:-)

Also not shown in the graph, i can log wideband O2S11(Bank1 sensor 1) and narrowband O2S12 (Bank1 sensor 2), but have not seen calculated AFR(Maybe check again)