2020+MY Powerstroke IQA issues

Share your FORScan experience with other users
FORScan
Site Admin

2020+MY Powerstroke IQA issues

Post by FORScan »

We have added Injector Quantity Adjustment (IQA) read/change functions for 2020+MY F-Series 6.7L Powerstroke and found the issue explained below.

Ford historically used different terms regarding injectors programming: cylinder order, injectors order, firing order. Depending on vehicle model and service tool used, user is guided to enter injector numbers in some of these orders. This always caused a LOT OF confusion to 3rd party tool developers, servicemen and users. For example, see our article about Duratorq engines created 7 years ago.

Starting from middle-end of 200x, Ford started to use cylinder order in all functions, to avoid further confusion, so we successfully forgot about this issue. For example, let's look at IQA read/change function in FORScan and IDS.

IDS 122:

FORScan:

As everyone may see, data are consistent. IDS doesn't provide pictures, but from several sources, including PTS, it is known that cylinder order is as displayed by FORScan and firing order is 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8. For example:

(full document can be found here)

2020+MY F-Series is not supported by IDS so we have to use FDRS to program IQA:

FDRS 28.6.3:

FORScan:

FORScan lists the injector codes in the order they have been stored in PCM memory. We believe it is the cylinder order that is is the same as it was in 2019- Powerstrokes. Then, if we compare last 2 pictures number by number, we will notice that FDRS shows the codes in firing order (1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8) and not in cylinder order as it is claimed at the beginning of the procedure (see screenshot with red square above). So in other words, we believe that procedure in FDRS is not correct and their developers confused cylinder order and firing order. We publish this article to :

- Inform our users about the issue, so everyone knows about it and can decide which of procedures is correct

- in a hope some of real users can check IQA label on the 2020+MY V8 Powerstroke and compare it to the list shown by FORScan and publish the results here.

Link to the test build with this function
Ecmbuster
Vehicle: Volvo Bertone and two Motorcyles

Re: 2020+MY Powerstroke IQA issues

Post by Ecmbuster »

Ford Piezo Injectors (Injector Quantity Adjustment)
This is a confirmation for these new models concerning IQA programming.

Module programming is required.
A clean and stable power supply must be attached.
WiFi internet connections are NOT advisable, use a LAN connection.
Follow the repair instructions, some parts after a repair can not be reused.

FDRS is required along with a Motorcraft subscription and IDS license.
https://www.fordtechservice.dealerconne ... Latest.asp
https://www.fordtechservice.dealerconne ... ftware.asp
https://www.fordtechservice.dealerconne ... ements.asp

Requirements are VCM II, VCM 3, VCMM and certified J2534-2 devices.
FDRS Image.jpg
FDRS Image.jpg (24.06 KiB) Viewed 134 times
Clones will be a mistake and certainly NOT interested in that discussion.
WiFi internet connections are NOT advisable and NOT interested in that discussion either.

FDRS must be installed on the same PC as IDS.
Depending on the license and subscription, the license is shared between FDRS and IDS.

Internet Explorer 11 must be used with Windows 10 Professional.
Windows 10 must be a fresh installation, not an upgrade.
Use SSD drives with either I5 or I7 Intel 2.4 GHz or greater.
VCMM Hardware will require DirectX 11 Version 10.1 or higher.
Any and all screen savers need to be disabled.
Do not ask for help in PM. Use the forum to ask and answer questions!