2007 Mustang Radio illumination.

Share your FORScan experience with other users
Lethal51!
Vehicle: Mustang 4.6L/V8, 2007

2007 Mustang Radio illumination.

Post by Lethal51! »

Hello, I recently installed a navigation head unit from a different vehicle into a 2007 Mustang Gt. The head unit is the OEM AVIC Navigation unit that would’ve been installed in this year vehicle had it been chosen by the original owner. I’ve programmed it to my vehicle but can’t seem to get the radio buttons to light up when the headlights are turned on. When I enter the “Developer Menu” on the unit itself it shows “Illumination: off” but it doesn’t let me change it or I’ve just not figured out how to do so. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Ecmbuster
Vehicle: Volvo Bertone and two Motorcyles

Re: 2007 Mustang Radio illumination.

Post by Ecmbuster »

That added unit needs to be seen and communicating with other modules that should have the same software level.
Central Configuration is likely where the changes need to be done but any As-Built you play with with have the original data without the units and configurations required to "make them play nice together"
Two options:
Find the identical version with a VIN that has that specific option and gather the needed As-Built data.
Go to the dealer and get them to configure the Central configuration for the extra module and they will update the software level for the remaining controllers.
Do not ask for help in PM. Use the forum to ask and answer questions!
DAN1000
Vehicle: edge, gas, 3.5, 2010

Re: 2007 Mustang Radio illumination.

Post by DAN1000 »

I put one in my 2006 Freestar , there is no MS CAN in a Freestar & the only problem I had was an error message when I go to NAV screen that can be dismissed.
I had to cycle the headlamp switch a few times & it learned Day & Night
There's also a menu in the settings of the AVIC unit about Day-Night illumination
As far as I can tell the only important data over MS CAN is speed (VSS) to make the arrow on the NAV screen to move smoother & the cause of the Error message
The arrow has a slight jerk but you really have to look for it