tractmec
Vehicle: F150 5.4 Triton 2005 Expy5.4 2003 Fusion 3.0 2010

Re: How to perform Powershift 6DCT250 (DPS6) adaptive learning

Post by tractmec »

ovsa wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:18 pm
rich935 wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:01 pm
Make sure you are holding the steady the whole time. Also before you try this procedure try doing a BdyCM (body control module) reset. Let me know if that works ok.
Thanks for your help on this. I got around to running it again after a reset on the BdyCM. It seemed to work alot better this time, ran through all the test successfully except at the very end after ' power down complete' I get a "service procedure interrupted" message. Tried it a few times with always the same results.

So I am not sure if the resets and adaptive learnings are taking place or not.

I was going to attach the log , but looks like I accidentally overwritten it.

Another question : when they ask for WOT what rpm are they talking about? I was using 3500 and holding it there.

Thanks again
When they ask for Wide Open Throttle they mean put the pedal to the floor and hold it there until the program asks to return the throttle to low idle.

If you were trying to hold 3500 with your foot then that has been part of the reason for the Engine Torque Disrupted error as any movement of either the throttle pedal or the brake pedal will disrupt the engine rpm and the program and it takes only an imperceivable amount of movement of your feet to disrupt this process.

The reason for holding the pedal to the floor is to keep the pedal steady and allowing the program to control the engine RPM at a predetermined rate and determine when the clutches pressure plates touch its driven discs and reduces the engine RPM and increase load to a preprogrammed amount due to each clutch reaching its friction point and trying to turn the input shafts and of course it can't turn the transmission input shats as the program has engaged a gear on each input shaft as each clutch is cycled and the parking brake is on and you are holding the brakes as part of the preliminary setup!

This determines the exact point in the clutch travel when the clutch just begins to engage and turn the input shafts. If the programs predetermined RPM gets disrupted by any other load(Alternator AC or throttle movement) the program will try three times to re-establish a stable learn Engine RPM and will abort the program on the third failure and the procedure must be started all over again.

The fact that you have gotten to the "power down complete" stage means that the program has read a return to low idle after clutch engagements have been learned. Hopefully it managed to write and store those values before the "Procedure Interrupted" error.

That would be my concern that something happen to the data flow(Can Network Errors usually caused by a momentary communication loss between Computer/adapter/PCM. Common with Chinese ELM327 adapters) as the values were being stored. If the car drives normally or at least improved you can probably not worry too much. If it is worse then the values probably got messed up during the write procedure.

The process interrupted error usually means something happened during packet information transfer but without a log to show what actually happened I would be guessing.

Might be good idea to send your Dump.bin file and logs in to Forscan and have them look at them!
ovsa
Vehicle: 2015 ford focus SE Flexfuel

Post by ovsa »

Will do! Thanks for that.
I was concerned about red lining it for any length of time , but i guess if the program takes over the rpms, then that is not an issue. Also you mention hand brake on? is that needed or just for safety?
rich935
Vehicle: Ford Focus SE 2.0

Post by rich935 »

ovsa wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:18 pm
rich935 wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:01 pm
Make sure you are holding the steady the whole time. Also before you try this procedure try doing a BdyCM (body control module) reset. Let me know if that works ok.
Thanks for your help on this. I got around to running it again after a reset on the BdyCM. It seemed to work alot better this time, ran through all the test successfully except at the very end after ' power down complete' I get a "service procedure interrupted" message. Tried it a few times with always the same results.

So I am not sure if the resets and adaptive learnings are taking place or not.

I was going to attach the log , but looks like I accidentally overwritten it.

Another question : when they ask for WOT what rpm are they talking about? I was using 3500 and holding it there.

Thanks again
I meant hold the brake steady the whole time. Yeah the WOT part should be around that rpm but make sure you hold the brake the whole time until complete even until the power down is done. I'm not sure what else you could try.
ruben53
Vehicle: 2011 fiesta 1.6

Post by ruben53 »

I run clutch adaptive learning, but only way i can get it to go thru is by starting the car. Gets to the drum relearn part and says err, then does not let me go any forward. Keeps asking to cycle key on while it is already on.
rich935

Post by rich935 »

ruben53 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:50 pm
I run clutch adaptive learning, but only way i can get it to go thru is by starting the car. Gets to the drum relearn part and says err, then does not let me go any forward. Keeps asking to cycle key on while it is already on.
Have you tried running a BdyCM (Body control module) reset first. And probably the TCM module reset also then try running the Adapter learning service. Also make sure your battery is charged good (doesn't need a battery charger hooked up I think it doesn't work right but idling for like 10-15 or more minutes should be good for charging the battery) and you keep your foot on the brake the whole time and don't have anything running like the a/c. Also what year is your car? Does it have a new TCM? If DTC'S keep coming back on it needs to be replaced. If you go on the Ford owner.com website and see that Field service action 14M02 and you car has less than 150000 miles just bring it in and they will put a new one. It might take a week or two it just depends if they have the parts.
bonjors
Vehicle: ford ranger px2 2015

Re: new leadframe installed

Post by bonjors »

hello, is anyone had installed new leadframe for 6r80 4wd transmission and how to upload into TCM?
yuvalf
Vehicle: Ford Focus 2012 DPS6

Post by yuvalf »

Hello , after TCM replacement for ford focus 2012, while doing the adaptive transsmision learning - in the clutch learning procudure after starting the car as asked - I am getting an "Reset Green flag clutch - Failed" message , right after holding WOT+BRAKE and pressing the tick button.
been doing it multiple times, even trying to get back the old TCM - same Error.
checked the ignition state, vehicle is recognizing the P Position, and the whole proccess goes good until this part.
Ecmbuster
Vehicle: Volvo Bertone and two Motorcyles

Post by Ecmbuster »

yuvalf wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:50 am
Hello , after TCM replacement for ford focus 2012, while doing the adaptive transsmision learning - in the clutch learning procudure after starting the car as asked - I am getting an "Reset Green flag clutch - Failed" message , right after holding WOT+BRAKE and pressing the tick button.
been doing it multiple times, even trying to get back the old TCM - same Error.
checked the ignition state, vehicle is recognizing the P Position, and the whole proccess goes good until this part.
You should have the TCM updated to the latest software.
Post your scan, images of faults and image of the Modules Tab
Post the device being used with the log file.
Do not ask for help in PM. Use the forum to ask and answer questions!
rich935

Post by rich935 »

There is a low percentage change that it might be an adapter issue. What kind do you have? Maybe try resetting the Body control module before doing that service. Other than that I don't know. ??? Good luck.
yuvalf
Vehicle: Ford Focus 2012 DPS6

Post by yuvalf »

Last edited by yuvalf on Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.