How to perform Powershift 6DCT250 (DPS6) adaptive learning

Share your FORScan experience with other users
MondeoMatt
Vehicle: 2010 Mondeo 2.0 Tdci Duratorq

Re: How to perform Powershift 6DCT250 (DPS6) adaptive learni

Post by MondeoMatt » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:23 am

stimpy88 wrote:Is this feature ever going to come out for the 6DCT450 version?

I can't say just how critical this feature is needed with these gearboxes.

Yep totally agree with u on that one any news if this is being looked into? Has anybody attempted to use this procedure with the dct450 ? any info would be appreciated as looking to change gearbox and need to re calibrate the tcm . Car is currently in our workshop atm . Thanks.

MondeoMatt
Vehicle: 2010 Mondeo 2.0 Tdci Duratorq

Post by MondeoMatt » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:34 am

FORScan wrote:Only 6DCT250
Any updates on this function for the 6DCT450 ? or how we can reprogram tcm after gearbox replacement ? cheers :D

stimpy88
Vehicle: Ford Mondeo Mk4.5 - Diesel 2.0, 163, 2013

Post by stimpy88 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:12 am

MondeoMatt wrote:
FORScan wrote:Only 6DCT250
Any updates on this function for the 6DCT450 ? or how we can reprogram tcm after gearbox replacement ? cheers :D
I really don’t think they read the English forum, haven’t done for years now. I’ve been waiting for this feature for so bloody long, I’ve given up. I have to pay my Ford garage, when I’d much rather pay for ForScan to let me do it myself.

However, ForScan seems to not be adding any new test or service procedures for European Fords. I can’t remember the last time their was a meaningful addition to the Mondeo models from before 2015, which is the vast majority that are in service and on the road today.

It’s a shame, this program had so much promise, in the beginning, but since they left the forum, updates are drying up.

sineDko
Vehicle: mondeo 4 2.0

Post by sineDko » Thu May 24, 2018 5:24 pm

hi there. any news with 6DCT450?
i would appreciate it so much.

chackett
Vehicle: 2012 Lincoln Navigator

Re: How to perform Powershift 6DCT250 (DPS6) adaptive learning

Post by chackett » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:25 pm

Seems like I am a little late to the party on this one, but I have a 2012 Lincoln Nav with the 6r80 transmission in it.

I recently replaced the molded leadframe assembly (which has input and output shaft speed sensors on it). My hard shifting issues seem resolved, but I would like to clear the adaptive tables in the TSC.

I have the Veepeak VP01 adapter and of course FORScan. I will start poking around but I have 2 specific questions ..

1. Is this thread what I need to do? If someone has said "you should clear your adaptive tables" .. is this the same as what this thread is doing?

2. Is this possible with the adapter I have? It seems some adapters are better than others or have some sort of functionality that others don't.

Thanks!
Chris

UPDATE: Ok. so that was easy enough. I was able to find the "clear adaptive tables" in the maintenance menu and evidently successfully cleared the adaptive tables. I found this article which not EXACTLY the same procedure I did, but it does give a "relearn" driving procedure which I will follow. Here is the article: https://www.autoserviceprofessional.com ... ns-relearn