How to check blank PATS key

Share your FORScan experience with other users
tractmec
Vehicle: F150 5.4 Triton 2005 Expy5.4 2003 Fusion 3.0 2010

Re: How to check blank PATS key

Post by tractmec »

bikenut wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:10 am
Thanks so much for the reply. That is exactly what I was looking for. So glad I didn't proceed to erase the one good working key.
Forscan does return that there are 2 working keys, I only have the one when I bought the truck used a few weeks ago.
Luckily I can return the Chinese key for a refund if it did not program.
So, I will get an original OEM key, get it cut and hopefully be able to add an additional key,

You mentioned that there is a different procedure for a 4 button key. I didn't notice that anywhere in my search on this site.
My key has the remote start button which works for the truck.
Could you or someone point me to that?
I'll try to search some more for that, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks again, Bill
If there is a Fob programming procedure in Forscan it will be in Body Control Module/GEM Configuration or in BCM/GEM Service Procedures!

This is the Unlock/Lock Fob Procedure that I have used with one caution. Make sure that you have collected all the fobs that you plan to use, as this procedure will erase all the fobs that are in RKE memory and make sure that (only have to press one) fob buttons are pressed within 8 Seconds of each other.

Close the car doors, then open the driver-side door. Press the UNLOCK button on the driver-side door.
Next, turn the ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times. Do this within 10 seconds, making sure the 8th time ends on RUN. When you’ve entered programming mode, the door locks will lock and unlock. (Note: If the doors don’t cycle, turn the key faster. Your car may not have keyless entry if you still can’t get the doors locks to cycle.)
Press any button on the Ford remote to be programmed. Do this within 8 seconds. The door locks will cycle again to confirm the keyless entry remote is programmed and ready to use.
Have a second remote key fob? Again, press any button on the remote within 8 seconds to cycle the door locks. Repeat this step for any additional key fobs.
Finally, turn the ignition to OFF. The locks will again cycle to confirm programming is complete.

For Remote start buttons have a look Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ7HNE8eceM
Do not PM me as I am not an Admin nor am I a member of the FORScan Team and all questions should be asked and answered on the Open Forum so all can benefit!
Bullets4all
Vehicle: Mondeo MK5 2.0 TDCI

Re: How to check blank PATS key

Post by Bullets4all »

I bought a 2015 Ford Mondeo MK5 but it only had one key but in the car configuration 2 keys appear as registered. Is it possible to write another new key myself without reaching a FORD dealer? If possible with Forscan, please tell me the steps to follow? The car has keyless go and keyless entry and has that special place for the key inside the armrest. Thank you very much