How to check blank PATS key

Share your FORScan experience with other users
ionutzz_
Vehicle: ford focus, 0.99, 125 hp, 2015

Re: How to check blank PATS key

Post by ionutzz_ » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:33 pm

Don't erase! PATS programming is not available for your vehicle.

pitbul82
Vehicle: Focus 1, 1.6, 2003

Post by pitbul82 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:57 pm

Hi everyone!
Just wanted to express my gratitude to everyone who works on FORScan project!!! You are the best! Just reprogrammed my 2 new keys and madly happy that FORScan exist!!!
Thanks a lot!

Clyde
Vehicle: Ford F150 4x4 xlt 3.7L 6 cyl 2014

Post by Clyde » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:28 am

raven1783 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:56 pm
Unfortunately I found out that the chip inside the new key I bought wasn’t any good so I returned it and got a new one. After I got the new it paired just fine
I just attempted to make sure the 2 oem keys I purchased are ok to program in my 2014 f150 xlt using the method recommended, putting the uncut key in my ignition while I have it hooked up to forscan, I did not see any DTC codes at all except something that showed the 1st time I hooked my truck up to my PC using forscan today just prior to running this test to check to make sure my keys are good.
I've read all the instructions about doing this I put it in PATS mode, I didnt hit any of the buttons other than play so all the PATS options were displayed on screen but no codes.
It did show I have 2 programmed keys in memory, I lost 1 and am crossing my fingers that I will be able to add 2 more without having to delete all keys from memory.
The keys are guaranteed to be oem i bought them from Northcoastkeyless online.
Not sure what I'm doing wrong but so far i have not been able to verify these keys are the proper keys and will program without issues. Any advice or knowledge is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Don

Andyfocus
Vehicle: ford focus 1.0 ecoboost (100ps) 2017

Post by Andyfocus » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:42 am

you have to turn the ignition on with the blank key
i am the same as you just a forscan user still learning .
The search function is there for a reason use it.
no you can no longer pm me with your 1 or 0 posts so dont try.

Clyde

Post by Clyde » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:02 am

Andyfocus wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:42 am
you have to turn the ignition on with the blank key
Thank you Andyfocus!! I'll give that another try, I did try turning the key to the on position, not very hard because it just did not want to turn, I could put it in but turning it seemed like a no go. its just the uncut blade but I'm going back out and try again. Thank you for you reply!

raven1783
Vehicle: Ford, 3.6 eco boost ,2014

Post by raven1783 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:16 am

Unfortunately I couldn’t get it to turn ither so I had to get the key cut. After I got the key cut the key wouldn’t pair after that I got ahold of the place I bought it from and got my money back after I sent them the key back. Then I got another key from amazon OEM and it worked just fine.

raven1783

Post by raven1783 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:20 am

Make sure you get the right key frequency that’s on the back of you working key, another work around if you want is to buy a cut OEM key it’s like 20$ on eBay and also buy an uncut key and case and just transfer the OEM chip to the empty keyblade/case did that for a friend since he couldn’t afford to buy an OEM key.

Clyde

Post by Clyde » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:36 pm

Thanks for the replies guys!
When I ordered my 2 keys which were guaranteed to be factory OEM, I matched the FCC code on the back of my key, which I have to assume is the freq code, and the website said to match that with the part number, so I got the part number for my key fob from a dealer based on my VIN so I could match the key exactly before ordering.
Tomorrow I will have 1 key cut, then try the test again. I tried lowes tonight as the locksmith I went to originally was closed and I read a post that lowes made good keys (?) But they didnt have the right key they needed for their machine.
Once cut I'll try again and post my results.
I appreciate everyone that has taken time to reply to my aid and to Forscan for making such cool software available!

Clyde

Post by Clyde » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:25 pm

Raven,

Thank you once again for your reply!
I am afraid that what happened to you is now what I am going through.
I purchased 2 brand new guaranteed OEM factory keys online from a reputable source, at $39 each.

Because I could not get blank keys to turn in ignition to verify they could be programmed per the instructions in the thread about how to verify they will work, I had 1 key cut.
It fit and turned perfectly, but it failed to program. I attempted it a total of 3 times, 1 after taking the battery out of the new key fob and replacing it with one from my wifes key fob that I knew to be working. Same result.
So at this point I have emailed the company I bought it from and included screenshots of the DTC codes and messages.
I'll see what they say. It's possible that key just has a bad transmitter I suppose and may even be possible that the 2nd of the 2 new keys I bought may work but I havent tried that one yet as I wanted to leave it uncut in case i end up returning both.

In the thread about how to verify the keys work someone had put a link to the the key they purchased from amazon that worked (might of even been you, I cant recall at the moment!)
and that key looked exactly like the ones I bought except I did not see the SA on that key. I'm not sure if that makes a difference but I do know it indicates it has the 80 bit transmitter.

I'll see what the company has to say before trying the other one. As long as they do not try telling me I need to delete the keys in my trucks memory!
And I hope that will not turn out to be the case!

I know theres not much anyone can do but wanted you to know I appreciated your reply so thank you again!

raven1783

Post by raven1783 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:06 am

Hello and sorry you are going through the same issue I had.
You shouldn’t have to delete the other keys in order to add a new one if I’m not mistaken you can have up to 4 masters I believe I may be wrong but I know you can have more than 3 keys programmed. Hopefully that key is just a bad transmitter and if they tell you to try the other key make sure you get that in a email so you can have something to fall back on if they don’t want to give you a refund.

Hopefully you get a working key and yeah I don’t remember ither I’d i posted a link to a key lol