Back-up camera 2011 Ford Explorer

Share your FORScan experience with other users
MerrymanDN
Vehicle: Ford Explorer, 3.5L 290HP 2011

Back-up camera 2011 Ford Explorer

Post by MerrymanDN » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:02 pm

Up until about a month ago my OEM back-up camera was working like a champ . . . Then it started to shut down while I was backing up "randomly" and usually when I needed it ie . . . backing up to a trailer. Now as of a week ago its literally flipping the image to the opposite side "Big tree on the right rear is now on the left side rear?" Fords answer well we need to do a diagnostics to determine te cause, really? How about sir sorry its in the software or the camera has failed. . .
My question is this "If I use my Elm 327 interface tool and hook it to the car/computer and re-calibrate the camera will it solve the problem?" Ford wants me to throw money at it and diagnose it for $169 to determine what is wrong and I find that kinda silly because they should have run across this issue and should know if it will work or not. Anybody had this same issue on an ORIGINAL OEM product not and aftermarket product before andif yes, what solved it because as it sits now its a dangerous driving issue. . . Suggestions/comments?

denbo
Vehicle: ford focus 16 zetec

Re: Back-up camera 2011 Ford Explorer

Post by denbo » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:41 am

First thing first, do a scan and look for errors. If you find any, post them here so we can maybe help. If its a software issue a reset may help. Electronics are a minefield, and cameras are no exception. Most cases a replacement is cheaper than a repair.

MerrymanDN
Vehicle: Ford Explorer, 3.5L 290HP 2011

Re: Back-up camera 2011 Ford Explorer

Post by MerrymanDN » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:55 am

I have the following code: B115E (Camera module) Basically it's flipping the rear view from th right side to the left side. Does amnyone know if I do a software update will it cure the issue?