Learned Relative Octane Adjustement

Share your FORScan experience with other users
kurt
Vehicle: Ford Fiesta ST180 2015

Learned Relative Octane Adjustement

Post by kurt »

Hi,

I'm trying to monitor Octane Adjust Ratio parameter on my Fiesta ST180. But i can't found in PCM module ( OCTADJ_R_LRND). Does not exist in my Car or does not exist in Forscan for my Car ?

Thanks!
tractmec
Vehicle: F150 5.4 Triton 2005 Expy5.4 2003 Fusion 3.0 2010

Re: Learned Relative Octane Adjustement

Post by tractmec »

kurt wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:33 pm
Hi,

I'm trying to monitor Octane Adjust Ratio parameter on my Fiesta ST180. But i can't found in PCM module ( OCTADJ_R_LRND). Does not exist in my Car or does not exist in Forscan for my Car ?

Thanks!
What vehicle's PCM modules have you seen this PID in? I suspect this is only in Eco Boost engine PCM's and I am not so familiar with them(I have nothing newer than 2010 readily available here)!
I do not have that PID(Octane Adjust Ratio Learned) available to load in any PCM on the three vehicles I have direct access to or remember seeing it in any vehicles I have connected to but then I do not have ready access to any vehicles with Eco boost engines!

Suspect it probably does not exist in your Fiesta! If there was a PID for this in the PCM's live data stream, FORScan would likely be showing it as available to Load!

Other Members with more later Ford or Eco Boost experience may have other Ideas!
Do not PM me unless I expressly ask you to for a consultation!! I am not an Admin nor am I a member of the FORScan Team and all questions should be asked and answered on the Open Forum so all can benefit!
kurt

Post by kurt »

Hi,
thank's for the answer. I had see that on : https://www.cobbtuning.com/ford-ecoboos ... o-monitor/

All Ford Ecoboosts use a dynamic multiplier known as Octane Adjust Ratio. This parameter can be monitored with the Accessport and is helpful in ensuring the fuel in your tank is adequate. It is especially important on an Ecoboost vehicle when peak power is expected (dyno tuning, racing) to make sure the parameter is at the optimal -1.0 value.

I hope the forscan Team can help me

Thank's
tractmec
Vehicle: F150 5.4 Triton 2005 Expy5.4 2003 Fusion 3.0 2010

Post by tractmec »

kurt wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:38 pm
Hi,
thank's for the answer. I had see that on : https://www.cobbtuning.com/ford-ecoboos ... o-monitor/

All Ford Ecoboosts use a dynamic multiplier known as Octane Adjust Ratio. This parameter can be monitored with the Accessport and is helpful in ensuring the fuel in your tank is adequate. It is especially important on an Ecoboost vehicle when peak power is expected (dyno tuning, racing) to make sure the parameter is at the optimal -1.0 value.

I hope the forscan Team can help me

Thank's
You would have to attach your dump.bin file and log file to an email to contact@forscan.org with a feature or PID request to see if it is a FORScan database deficiency or the PCM does not have that PID available to load in this vehicle! This will likely require that you report the invoice number of your Paid Extended license, in the email request, in order to get a response!

The Octane Adjust PID may be a hidden PID that even Ford dealer equipment does not load and monitor but tuners have found or they add the ability and monitor it with their software!

Let us know if FORScan responds with an answer?
Do not PM me unless I expressly ask you to for a consultation!! I am not an Admin nor am I a member of the FORScan Team and all questions should be asked and answered on the Open Forum so all can benefit!
kurt

Post by kurt »

Hi,
the answer from forscan:

Hello,

FORScan supports this PID for you car, but according to the debug information provided, your PCM doesn't support it.
bredfe
Vehicle: 2017 F-150 4x4 5.0L

Post by bredfe »

It's on most, if not all, F-150's I believe it's more related to the function of systems that support the use of E-85 fuel but I could be mistaken. If that is the case then it's quite probable it would only be found on those specific models...
It's been available on both my Coyot's (both E-85 capable) but I don't see what the specific relationship with the Ecoboost engine family would be as their primary differentiating feature is just a turbocharger(s) 🤷‍♂️