Cannot understand DTC for SRS via RCM for 2014 F150: U3000:49-8B

Share your FORScan experience with other users
Austin809
Vehicle: 2014 F150 3.5L V6

Cannot understand DTC for SRS via RCM for 2014 F150: U3000:49-8B

Post by Austin809 »

I've done so much googling I'm blue in the face. I've now bought and dwonloaded forscan to try to get to an answer and I still can't figure anything out.

How in the world can I determine what this U3000:49-8B means? The truck is new to me.

Code: Select all

Code: U3000 - Control Module

Additional Fault Symptom:
 - Internal Electronic Failure

- DTC Present at Time of Request
 - Malfunction Indicator Lamp is On for this DTC

Module: Restraint Control Module
The previous owner told me he had a dealer look at it and a "module" needed to be replaced. Is this the RCM? Could it be the seat sensor? How can I get further in my diagnosis. I even bought the AllData subscription for a month to try to figure it out and haven't found anything!
tractmec
Vehicle: F150 5.4 Triton 2005 Expy5.4 2003 Fusion 3.0 2010

Re: Cannot understand DTC for SRS via RCM for 2014 F150: U3000:49-8B

Post by tractmec »

Austin809 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:36 am
I've done so much googling I'm blue in the face. I've now bought and dwonloaded forscan to try to get to an answer and I still can't figure anything out.

How in the world can I determine what this U3000:49-8B means? The truck is new to me.

Code: Select all

Code: U3000 - Control Module

Additional Fault Symptom:
 - Internal Electronic Failure

- DTC Present at Time of Request
 - Malfunction Indicator Lamp is On for this DTC

Module: Restraint Control Module
The previous owner told me he had a dealer look at it and a "module" needed to be replaced. Is this the RCM? Could it be the seat sensor? How can I get further in my diagnosis. I even bought the AllData subscription for a month to try to figure it out and haven't found anything!
Most Likely yes! The Restraints control Module will need to be replaced!

The Pin point tests in the Ford work shop manual resolves to "Install a new RCM module and carry out the Programmable Module Install(PMI) procedure with the Scan tool", for U2200:00, U3000:46 and U3000:49!

The U3000: DTCcode set in any module usually means something terminal has happened in the module!
You can try doing an RCM self test in the test section and see what other DTC's set if any or if the test will complete at all!( A U0300 code setting during a self test will also indicate RCM replacment)

I would also suspect the previous owner may not be telling the whole story of this vehicles accident history as this code can be set by a belt restraint trigger(in this case one or more belt retract assemblies may also need to be replaced in order for a successful program and reset of a replacement module) or a front, a side or rear impact sensor has been triggered or air bag deploy that triggers the Crash Flag being set in the RCM(a Crash Flag Set may or may not show up in an RCM showing a U0300, U2200 or U3000 code)!

I may be wrong and the RCM module has just plain failed,(It Happens rarely but it does happen) but I get suspicious of previous accident damage that has not been fully cleared electronically when any thing like this shows up around the Supplemental Restraints System!

Try going here for a genuine Ford Workshop manual that has the above mentioned Pin Point Tests: https://cardiagn.com/! I have found ALLDATA a little wanting(Slightly worse than Haines actually)!
Do not PM me as I am not an Admin nor am I a member of the FORScan Team and all questions should be asked and answered on the Open Forum so all can benefit!
Austin809
Vehicle: 2014 F150 3.5L V6

Re: Cannot understand DTC for SRS via RCM for 2014 F150: U3000:49-8B

Post by Austin809 »

I would also suspect the previous owner may not be telling the whole story of this vehicles accident history as this code can be set by a belt restraint trigger(in this case one or more belt retract assemblies may also need to be replaced in order for a successful program and reset of a replacement module) or a front, a side or rear impact sensor has been triggered or air bag deploy that triggers the Crash Flag being set in the RCM(a Crash Flag Set may or may not show up in an RCM showing a U0300, U2200 or U3000 code)!
This is my suspicion as well. Is it possible to tell if the retract assemblies are broken? I'm going to try running RCM test but pretty sure I did and it wouldn't complete. Let's say I get the RCM do I just program with the asbuilt code? Do these modules have a limit? Like if I try to program but something else in the system is broken like the seat belt, will that cause an issue in the RCM? I feel like I read somewhere you have like 5 events before the RCM is bricked but I've read so many pages I might be losing my mind.