Oil Pressure Control Duty Cycle % - What is it? P06DE

Share your FORScan experience with other users
ViperGRM
Vehicle: Mazda 6 2.2-D Sport Tourer 2014 150

Oil Pressure Control Duty Cycle % - What is it? P06DE

Post by ViperGRM »

Hi folks,

I've had an issue with my car recently whereby the check engine light comes on. It will clear again as soon as I restart the engine, but will come back on again eventually, usually within 30 minutes or so of driving. The error code is P06DE. The car drives fine otherwise. It does not enter limp mode etc.

I've been trying to capture this using ForScan and I think I found the culprit. The Engine Oil Pressure Control Duty Cycle % sensor goes to 0% as soon as the check engine light comes on. I've been able to replicate this exactly twice now. All other oil measurements are fine. It will stay at 0% until I restart the engine, then it works as normal for a while before eventually it happens again. I have absolutely no idea how to fix this. Is it a sensor issue? It seems very strange that it starts working again as soon as I restart the engine. It does come back again within 30 minutes or so. Appreciate any help with this. Thank you!
shorx8esc
Vehicle: Escape, 2.0l, 2019

Re: Oil Pressure Control Duty Cycle % - What is it? P06DE

Post by shorx8esc »

EOPDC_CMD indicates what the PCM is doing with the Variable Output Oil Pump. A reading of 0 indicates that the pump is supposed to be operating in the highest flow state. A non-0 reading indicates that the pump is supposed to be operating in a reduced flow (energy saving) state. On some cars the oil pressure is checked by the PCM while EOPDC_CMD is 0. If a minimum pressure is not observed the P06DE code will be generated. This could indicate a bad Oil Pressure sensor or actual low oil pressure. This information was mostly obtained by internet search.