No Comms

Share your FORScan experience with other users
Blinkston
Vehicle: Fiesta 1.4 TDCi 2002

No Comms

Post by Blinkston »

Hi Guys
I have a 2008 fiesta that has lost its key coding and had a faulty steering lock its a keyless entry system. I replaced steering lock and now i am unable to turn the ignition on to be able to connect Forscan to be able to code anything.(its got a push button start) Is there anyway i can get round this ? In the end i had to use another tool (snap-on) to be able to access the pats. Just wondered if there is a way to still connect if i need to do this again in the futhure ?
Many thanks
Ecmbuster
Vehicle: A6 2.8L Quattro,Volvo Bertone, Tiguan TFSI

Re: No Comms

Post by Ecmbuster »

"unable to turn the ignition on" but "had to use another tool (snap-on)" and "its got a push button start".

What was so different with the Snap-On tool? Did you happen to place the key fob onto the push button for a wake up?
Was it placed ... into the backup slot?
Use the Start / Stop ignition button and brake pedal to wake up the vehicle as usual. The network should respond as long as the Intelligent Access key is in the slot.

Sometimes, activating network switches like the 4-way flashers can also wake up the network.
The Snap-On tool may also wake up the network with it's internal wiring and software abilities.

You would need to duplicate the step-by-step functions of the Snap-On device.
Last edited by Ecmbuster on Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blinkston
Vehicle: Fiesta 1.4 TDCi 2002

Post by Blinkston »

Hi thanks for the reply, no didn’t change where the key was there is no slot for the key to go in on this shape fiesta was a very early keyless system. So couldn’t get network to walk up admittedly I didn’t try the hazards lights. What would you do in a all keys lost? How would you walk the system up to code a new set of keys in ?
Thanks for your help
Ecmbuster
Vehicle: A6 2.8L Quattro,Volvo Bertone, Tiguan TFSI

Post by Ecmbuster »

The immediate tool is the IDS with VCM. FORScan is a great tool and quick for simple tasks.
If FORScan isn't a help, the J2534-2 pass-thru gets plugged in and with a subscription, program the keys and look for updates that may be required.
Pushing the remote fob against the PTS button may wake it up.
With a power supply on the battery at all times, lighting and 4-way flashers can wake up parts of the network.