Clear Crash data using ELM327

Share your FORScan experience with other users
denbo
Vehicle: ford focus 16 zetec

Re: Clear Crash data using ELM327

Post by denbo » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:58 pm

Lets get this clear... You CANNOT clear crash data with Forscan. You can reset... but that is a different thing altogether.

Paxtonix
Vehicle: Ford mondeo mk 4

Post by Paxtonix » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:10 pm

Hi guys.. Long time not here.. :D sorry for that :D

denbo wrote:Lets get this clear... You CANNOT clear crash data with Forscan. You can reset... but that is a different thing altogether.
That is very helpful so I will try it other way around with bench.. Any one have the clear epprom file so I can flash it to the RCM memory ? or optionaly can I dig the data out and than change the parametr in hex that is giving the rcm mem full ? or shall I just wipe all data from crash mem ?

asking coz I do not have the RCM on my table so I do not know how the PCB is constructed and how many memory chip they have.

william wrote:Here's what ford say about the dtc.

DTC U1A37 00: Crash status telegram *RCM crash data. *Clear the data memory using the Ford diagnostic equipment. REPEAT the self test, CLEAR the DTCs.
I believe that it is only possible on FL cars. have studied this thred for so long. Authorized service always force to buy new module. Or fuckers delete the data and charge you for module change ( also possible)

Found some PCB's fotos for restrain module but according to them there is no memory chip ? looks like relays only , where to search for memory then

....kekko91...
Vehicle: Ford fiesta mk7 1.4 TDCI

Post by ....kekko91... » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:16 pm

denbo wrote:Lets get this clear... You CANNOT clear crash data with Forscan. You can reset... but that is a different thing altogether.
ok, so the only thing i can do is to clear the ecu with bench method. I will do this at a professional technician.

Do you know if is necessary replace the airbag sensor? In my case my car had got a front end damaged and i see a sensor near bonnet latch

denbo
Vehicle: ford focus 16 zetec

Post by denbo » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:21 am

KEK ...no the crash dump is full. It needs to be clear dump with programmer

loscalpello
Vehicle: Focus 1.6 tdci , engine HHDA/90hp,2009

Post by loscalpello » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:24 am

FORScan wrote:Crash event has to be reset using service function "Crash Flag Reset" in FORScan. The function is available only for European models. For Mondeo 4, Smax and Galaxy crash has to be reset in RCM, then (if necessary) in BCM module. DTCs must be cleared after crash reset. Using service tool, crash can be reset up to 5 times, then RCM module has to be replaced or cleared directly in EEPROM using special equipment.
It's correct ;-)