EGRDC (EGR duty cycle) disappeared since control mode

Any issues related to FORScan application
int0x13
Vehicle: Ford Focus MK2 2.0L TDCI 136 remapped ECU

EGRDC (EGR duty cycle) disappeared since control mode

Post by int0x13 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:47 pm

Hello Forscan community!
Since the Forscan version that supports the actuator testing mode, i can no longer display the EGRDC PID. I've noticed that this PID is integrated into the actuator testing mode for the PCM ECU. But the EGRDC pid is not listed into the reading mode (only into the checking PID for PCM).
So i can change the EGRDC (EGR duty cycle) but i cant display the read value while driving. I guess that changing the valve percentage means changing the opening of the EGR valve, right?
Also is it normal that i have only 1 actuator testing into the PCM ecu? I have more into GEM and ABS ECUs.
Regards,

My config:
Forscan 2.2.3
ELM327 with HS MS switch.
Car: Ford Focus 2 MK2 2.0L TDCI 136 Remapped ECU.

FORScan
Site Admin

Re: EGRDC (EGR duty cycle) disappeared since control mode

Post by FORScan » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:48 am

Since the Forscan version that supports the actuator testing mode, i can no longer display the EGRDC PID. I've noticed that this PID is integrated into the actuator testing mode for the PCM ECU. But the EGRDC pid is not listed into the reading mode (only into the checking PID for PCM).
Please try to remove vehicle profile (Vheicle->Profiles, then remove your vehicle one) and connect again. The EGRDC PID may re-appear.
I guess that changing the valve percentage means changing the opening of the EGR valve, right?
It is a command send to PCM. PCM should react to the command and open the valve.
Also is it normal that i have only 1 actuator testing into the PCM ecu? I have more into GEM and ABS ECUs.
May be it is not full list of actuators available for this engine, but all of those known by FORScan by this moment.

int0x13
Vehicle: Ford Focus MK2 2.0L TDCI 136 remapped ECU

Post by int0x13 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:34 pm

Just to confirm you that your procedure solved the issue. Deleting car profile is the solution.
I've tried to modulate the EGR valve while engine ON. It's funny you can hear the different engine sound when the valve is opened fully.

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:25 pm

Thanks for the update