Ford Fiesta Static Regeneration

Any issues related to FORScan application
nunopostura
Vehicle: Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCI 2008

Ford Fiesta Static Regeneration

Post by nunopostura » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:09 pm

I've tried to use the Static regeneration procedure on my Fiesta MK7 but after it starts it failed.

I use an ELM327 USB and my car is with DPF obstructed. I've tried with DTC errors, without DTC errors, etc

The log file is attached

nunopostura
Vehicle: Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCI 2008

Re: Ford Fiesta Static Regeneration

Post by nunopostura » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:10 pm

<deleted>

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:03 pm

1. The archive only contains FORScan.log. We also need dump.bin
2. Please send logs by email or PM, do not publish them on the forum.

Please re-submit logs counting the above notes, thanks.

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:23 am

We have analyzed your logs, preliminary results are:

In addition to DTC P2463 (Soot accumulation), your PCM registered DTC P242F (Ash accumulation). Ash and soot are different things: soot can be regenerated, ash can be not. If PCM P242F is registered, the regeneration is not allowed. FORScan does DTC check before starting the proc, and if P242F detected it shows you some error dialog. FORScan would show you long list of failure resons and recommendation to check DTC and fix them.

In logs we see you cleared the DTCs and tried again. The DTC P242F disappeared after DTC reset, so FORScan was able to start the procedure. However this time PCM returned error and stopped the procedure. The fact of clearing DTC doesn't mean the problem itself (in this case, ash accumulation) is removed. Probably PCM somehow detects it and returned error. In this situation FORScan would show you long list of failure resons again and recommendation to read DTC and fix them.

All subsequient attempts we see in logs were unsuccessful, FORScan tried to start the procedure, but PCM returned error "Incorrect initial conditions" so FORScan reported "contact the developers error". We are not completely sure why, but we think most likely because PCM detected the P242F and temporarily blocked the subsequent attempts.

We will doubt check some things, to make sure there is no bug in FORScan, but we think the reason of problem is ash accumulation. Here you can read how Focus Mk2 owners solved the same problem for their vehicles:

http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=247