mileage correction

Any issues related to FORScan application
garethg24
Vehicle: ford mondeo mk3 tddi 2ltr 02

mileage correction

Post by garethg24 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:37 am

hi all. I had to change the ecu in my mondeo and was just wondering is it possible to change the mileage to what the car has actually done.
many thanks

FORScan
Site Admin

Re: mileage correction

Post by FORScan » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:17 pm

There is no such feature at this moment. We plan to add the function in the future, after finding out a way to limit an illegal use of this function.

Kethav

Post by Kethav » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:42 am

A possible way to inhibit illegal use would be to permit only an increase in the total odometer. (And don't allow decrease)
(I remember that a similar feature is present in FoCCCus software, but only if the initial odometer is under a certain number... so that it is useful just for the reason of the this topic and completely legal)

MightyMouse
Vehicle: 2011 Ford F350 6.7L PSD

Post by MightyMouse » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:41 pm

Any updates on this feature? An increase only doesnt help a lot of people. Surely the mileage is stored in the ecu somewhere? I have the productivity display I want to install, but I cant because my truck has 55k miles and the cluster shows 129k miles. My warranty goes until 100k. So I surely dont want to screw around with that.

Airborne_Ape
Vehicle: Ford, 3.5 Ecoboost, 2016

Post by Airborne_Ape » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:17 am

MightyMouse wrote:Any updates on this feature? An increase only doesn't help.

For warranty reasons keep in mind that millage is tracked in various other modules like the TCM, PCM, ABS, RCM and Fords own servers through their Telematics module, Sync connect, Sync 3, and of course dealership visits. Ford isn't that dumb to put it in the IPC only.

Considering that millage is stored in multiple modules and on multiple platforms I would like to highly encourage the ForScan devs to revisit this issue. Tthanks in part to their awesome software, many of us are swapping plastic clusters to the fancy LCD productivity screens found in high trim models and currently the only way way to calibrate the millage correctly is to connect to the EEPROM directly and make edits through a program called PonyProg on windows XP.

In North America any tampering with an odometer is illegal period; I understand that.

I would like to ask the ForScan devs
if they could issue different licences for their software based upon the area code of our phone numbers we all registered upon initial sign up. Instead of complaining, lets work together to find a legal solution and get this feature added to a future release of ForScan.

martin123
Vehicle: transit connect 2003 1.8 tddi

Post by martin123 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:34 pm

Haha few dodgy guys here me thinks

NaiemEO60
Vehicle: Mondeo Mk4 TDCI Titanium X

Post by NaiemEO60 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:11 am

increasing the mileage won't stop you putting the mileage back dummies, you would only have to input the digit 9 as many times as possible then drive the car 1 mile so the speedo turns to its next point of 0 and then input your desired number as it would be above 0......

artful
Vehicle: Focus 1.6TDCi 2005

Post by artful » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:14 pm

NaiemEO60 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:11 am
increasing the mileage won't stop you putting the mileage back dummies, you would only have to input the digit 9 as many times as possible then drive the car 1 mile so the speedo turns to its next point of 0 and then input your desired number as it would be above 0......
Who is the dummy assuming electronic mileage works like old? It does not go back to 0!

GMDT230
Vehicle: ford focus t230

Post by GMDT230 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:21 pm

- well ive just bought a newer less mileage shell - trying to find Focus RS mk1 clocks...not easy i have a set already on 79,000 miles and I want to decrease to the correct mileage on the new shell I have bought ....there are genuine reasons ...maybe a feature where it gets activated individually by admins etc - like now i will put my case to you ....send you all the pictures paperwork etc of the swap/build you guys say " yeah" send me a download link and i then use that to adjust my mileage for that ONE TIME USE.

Yes I realise maybe a bit far fetched but along those lines....please tell me its been added since as I havent checked the date of last post :D

axle13
Vehicle: crown victoria, 4.6l v8, 2008

Post by axle13 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:54 pm

martin123 wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:34 pm
Haha few dodgy guys here me thinks
Possibly a few dodgy guys around, however if you own a crown victoria, the instrument cluster is a failure prone item. My car has ~90k miles, the lowest odometer I could find in a junkyard has 190k miles (old cop car). Rather significant, and when it comes to yearly mileage recording + emission test recording odometer mileage is a 100k mile red flag many would like to avoid. '