android version

Any issues related to FORScan application
Steve_v6_ghia_x
Vehicle: 2001 Mondeo mk3 2.5 v6

Re: android version

Post by Steve_v6_ghia_x » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:45 am

int0x13 wrote:Also very excited to test the Android Beta. Will it support the MS-CAN bus as the windows version? If yes i will have to modify my bluetooth adapter to support the MS-CAN bus by adding a switch, just like my wired USB ELM327.
My understanding is that the mobile o.s versions are made to feature as much that's in the windows version that is possible inside the o.s limitations. Given that the ms-can is just a language/protocol like all the others supported but with write capability incorporated into the protocol, I can't see it not being included as the o.s should not prohibit it.

That said I am no programer or expert so I can't say for sure but I'm reasonably confident, does the iOS version support it? If the ridiculously restrictive iOS o.s can do it android can for sure!

I notice that there is a win phone8 version in the works, wonder how good that can be as windows phone is the most restrictive o.s of them all!

A few posts back forscan wrote this about the upcoming android version, is does not go into supported protocols but it does give a insight into the level of completion/functionality we can expect in the first beta release and its looking good!!

Forscan wrote-

It seems we are a bit out of shedule again, as we had to look aside for PATS and some other functions. But we anyway are very close to the finish. Here are functions that are not finished yet:

- Graph view for PIDs
- export/import functions for data (txt, fsl, csv).
- some live testing

That's all, in fact.

Fetures that will be missing in first release:

- support of USB adapters
- Zoom/pan function for PIDs view (exists in FORScan Lite for iOS)

But the first release will be already optimized for both tablet and phone, in contrast to iOS version that doesn't support iPad yet.

Hope thats helpful, I am very keen to get my paws on this and test it.

Thanks in advance for your hard work forscan devs.

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:13 am

"Mobile" versions of FORScan (callled FORScan Lite) do not support Tests and Service functions. Test may be be added later, as for Service functions, they are going to be disabled on mobile versions because the nature of the mobile device doesn't allow to run "dangerous" functions (ie functions that cannot be interrupted at any time)

Other functionaltiy, including MS-CAN support, is available (if adapter does support it).

Steve_v6_ghia_x

Post by Steve_v6_ghia_x » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:01 pm

Are service functions disabled because you are physically prevented from having them due to o.s limitations or are they deliberately disabled by you for the safety of the ECU?

Could it be possible for you to allow these functions after a load of disclaimer pages you have to click yes on to activate it?

How is the ETA on this version now,we are all eagerly watching this forum daily ha ha.

carlus
Vehicle: MAZDA CX7 MZR CD 2.2 2010

Post by carlus » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:52 pm

Steve_v6_ghia_x wrote:Are service functions disabled because you are physically prevented from having them due to o.s limitations or are they deliberately disabled by you for the safety of the ECU?

Could it be possible for you to allow these functions after a load of disclaimer pages you have to click yes on to activate it?

How is the ETA on this version now,we are all eagerly watching this forum daily ha ha.
Like me. I can not wait to try the Android version.

A greeting.
MAZDA cx7 diesel

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:27 am

Steve_v6_ghia_x

Post by Steve_v6_ghia_x » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:07 pm

BlackyP
Vehicle: Mazda3 BK 2005

Post by BlackyP » Wed May 13, 2015 7:57 pm

The Android beta is very good ... thanks goes to ForScanTeam.
Result please see beta test.