android version

Any issues related to FORScan application
Steve_v6_ghia_x
Vehicle: 2001 Mondeo mk3 2.5 v6

android version

Post by Steve_v6_ghia_x » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:38 am

Hi, is there a ETA for the android beta? I've tried and tried to connect my vgate elm to forscan but i just cannot get the adaptor to talk to the PC properly. It works fine on torque on android but not not windows xp, its a Bluetooth problem on the PC rather than the device, it wont pair then when it will it won't talk and then it forgets the device and requires a a re pair agghhhhhh!

Thanks, Steve.

sergis87
Vehicle: Mondeo 3 TDDI 115hp 2002

Re: android version

Post by sergis87 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:27 pm

Hi!

Did you disabled bluethoot on phone, prior pairing it with pc?
Have almost same isue when forgot disable bluethoot on phone and having it in my pocket..

Steve_v6_ghia_x

Post by Steve_v6_ghia_x » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:24 pm

Lol, I've had that too!

If phone is connected the PC can't see it at all as the obd device can only handle one connection at a time but my problem at the moment seems to be caused by unstable Bluetooth software within xp itself, windows keeps forgetting the device, not retrieving services, failing to connect ect.

I haven't been able to try it with a different BT dongle yet or with 3rd party software, just xp's own BT soft but the device connects and works fine with torque and other apps on android but flat refuses to work on the PC with any obd software at all due to BT problems its driving me mad as I want to read the status of the abs modules.

I have vag-com and a vw specific cable for my galaxy and was able to diagnose what was causing my abs/traction control issues easy but now I have traction control problems (not abs interestingly) on my mk3 v6 Mondeo and really need to use this software.

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:55 am

Steve_v6_ghia_x:

The problem you describe sounds like laptop/OS/Bluetooth dongle/Bluetooth stack problems. You either have to solve it with your laptop, or try to find another laptop. That will be certainly faster than wait for Android version :)

Steve_v6_ghia_x

Post by Steve_v6_ghia_x » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:52 am

FORScan wrote:Steve_v6_ghia_x: That will be certainly faster than wait for Android version :)
I have access to a few different android devices, some are phones and some are tablets, some rooted and some not.

Given that the I phone version has not been in beta very long I assume the android version is still some way off but would like to put my name forward now for beta testing when you are ready please.

Steve.

sergis87
Vehicle: Mondeo 3 TDDI 115hp 2002

Post by sergis87 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:27 pm

Im also subscrible for android beta tester list :)

mikeluscher159

Post by mikeluscher159 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:01 pm

Can't wait to try FORScan for Android.
Willing to beta test
USDM 2006 Ford Taurus using a OBDLink MX

Willing to beta test

jdub1981
Vehicle: 2013 Focus ST 2.0 Turbo

Post by jdub1981 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:26 am

FORScan wrote:Steve_v6_ghia_x:

The problem you describe sounds like laptop/OS/Bluetooth dongle/Bluetooth stack problems. You either have to solve it with your laptop, or try to find another laptop. That will be certainly faster than wait for Android version :)
The problem he is describing is not the same as what you think it is. Torque works off of an actual bluetooth data connection. Forscan works by using the SPP protocol of bluetooth connection. Windows only needs to pair with the bluetooth device one time. After that the pc wont connect like a normal earpiece or headset. Instead it connects over a virtual com port. It will seem like it forgets the connection but since you dont connect to the bluetooth scanner in the same manner as you would on any other device while using forscan i could see where it might be easily confused.

Steve_v6_ghia_x

Post by Steve_v6_ghia_x » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:54 pm

I know that you are working on a android version as you have said you are yourself, is there any rough estimate on how long it will be before you start beta testing it? Months, a year.......?

Looking forward to this software so much, please let us know how we can help.

Steve.

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:50 am

We plan to start beta-testing in March.