going nuts here

So what is the Problem now ???

SolidChris
Vehicle: Ford Flex SEL 3.5L 2009

Re: Standard and Extended licenses for Windows

Post by SolidChris » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:42 pm

tractmec wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:27 pm
I tried a couple times with version 2.3.35. Everything works fine but it doesn't give me the PATS option. And yea I bought the license and activated it and everything so I don't know what seems to be the problem. The Flex is an 09 so I would think itd be in there. Ill have to do a bit more research tomorrow but yea if I can't get it working ima have to contact the Forscan team.
If it is implemented for 09 Flexes it would be in the wrench icon service proceedures under either the PCM or the IPC. The location of your red flashing anti theft light would give you an Idea.

If PATS is in the PCM then the Anti Theft light would be in the Sun Load sensor housing on top of the dash like my two trucks, and if it is in the Instrument cluster then the anti theft light will be flashing in the IPC like it is in my wife's 2010 Fusion.

If Pats is not showing up in any of those places I doubt it is because of the adapter if you are getting modules showing on all buses. Most all ELM327 based adapters sold on amazon are Chinese Clones but I can't say whether that is the case with yours but I would be surprised if it is not.

However if you are seeing the PCM and the IPC modules on HSCAN or on SCP(very doubtful in 09) you should be seeing PATS somewhere on the HSCAN Bus if it has been implemented!

And then we come to the possible answer! If as I suspect that the Flex is not sold in large numbers in Europe or in Russia or only in North America, then the team has had very little data on the Flex line to work with and it would be very helpful to them, to you and other Flex owners, to zip up your logs and your Forscan.bin file and send them to the Contact address on the product page and have them look at it!

I did this to help implement Uart Based Protocol support for Ford VCM2 Adapters during the development of version 2.3.09 so I could see several modules on that Bus in my 03 Expy and 05 F150 and it was because they had no access to vehicles with a UBP bus as it was only used in limited models and only in NA between 1999 and up to 2005, so they had no data on it to work with until I sent my logs and .bin files in.
This may be the answer in your case as well!

Again it can't hurt to ask for help!
Ima be getting the new adapter tomorrow so hopefully thats it. If it still doesnt work with the new adapter ima lose it lol been at this for a whole week already. And yea contacting the Forscan team gonna be my last hope.

Edit : nvm got it today and still no PATS option ):
Last edited by SolidChris on Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

KELLSDAD22
Vehicle: ESCAPE,2006,2.3L,HYBRID

Post by KELLSDAD22 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:55 pm

forscan key.png
forscan key.png (62.65 KiB) Viewed 404 times
this is what shows up, click on forscan and nothing. Going out of my ind been trying since 8AM what am I doing wrong???????

Need 2mnth extended, thats what I downloaded
forscan 2.png
forscan 2.png (35.09 KiB) Viewed 404 times

tractmec
Vehicle: F150 5.4 Triton 2005 Expe5.4 2003 Fusion 3.0 2010

Post by tractmec » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:57 pm

KELLSDAD22 wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:40 pm
forscan key.png

see screenshot

going nuts here
In that little file manager

1: Click on the little down arrow button next "Program Files(x86) and then click to open C:\

2: Double Click to open Users

3: Double click to open the Folder with (your user name)( in my case it is tract), normally it is the Bottom Folder unless you have multiple users in which case it will be the name you use to log on to the computer with.

4: Double click to open, whatever folder you downloaded the Forscan.key file to in most cases it would be Downloads. You should by Know by now what folder the .key file is in!!

5: Locate the "Forscan.Key file, (unless you named it something else and as you say you have downloaded it 8 times so there would be a(2-8) Number behind them them all but the first one!

6: Click on the .key file to Highlight it and click OK or just Double click on it and Forscan should do the rest.

I just did this exact procedure to put a Forscan Extended license on my windows 10 desktop machine and it worked!

KELLSDAD22
Vehicle: ESCAPE,2006,2.3L,HYBRID

Post by KELLSDAD22 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:03 am

finally got the damn thing, was hoping the stress wouldn't cost me 23 yrs sobriety

Thanks to all

tractmec

Post by tractmec » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:36 am

KELLSDAD22 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:03 am
finally got the damn thing, was hoping the stress wouldn't cost me 23 yrs sobriety

Thanks to all
Great: Glad to Here it!

tractmec

Post by tractmec » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:20 am

Ima be getting the new adapter tomorrow so hopefully thats it. If it still doesnt work with the new adapter ima lose it lol been at this for a whole week already. And yea contacting the Forscan team gonna be my last hope.

Edit : nvm got it today and still no PATS option ):
Then it has likely not been implemented for this Model Year probably due to not having it in the Forscan Data Base because the team has never had data from one in order to implement PATS for it. They should be able to tell from the Logs and dump.bin file if it is an 09 Flex PATS data missing in Forscan or you actually have something wrong with the HSCAN bus or something else!

You may need to download a zip program like 7zip to do this next procedure.

Zip up the two files(FORScan.Log and dump.bin) you find in the Forscan log files folder(C:\Users\(Your Login User Name)\Appdata\Roaming\Forscan\Log) or(Click Start Button Click All Programs Click Program files Click Forscan Click FORScan Log folder) and send it attached as Forscan.zip( with a short note about your problem in the email body), as outlined here https://forscan.org/contactus.html.

Philipp1987
Vehicle: Ford mustang 2,3 ecoboost

Post by Philipp1987 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:59 am

hallo, ich antworte mal auf deutsch
mein englisch ist sehr schlecht, bin mega zufrieden mit dem forscan Programm und der 3monatiegen Freischaltung des Programms.
habe schon mehrere Sachen codiert bei Ford Mustangs.... unteranderem die Seitenmakierungsleuchte die beim Tüv Probleme machen!!!
Habe sie so codiert das sie nur leuchten wenn man auf die bremse geht, damit war der Tüver zufrieden. Auch habe ich den Hup ton bei zweifacher Verrieglung aktiviert oder deaktiviert je wie der freund es wollte.

Meine frage ist nun, wie bekomme ich den Lizensschlüssel für die Lebenslage Nutzung ohne Einschränkung???

f-wolf wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:57 pm
Philipp1987 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:57 pm

hello now finally here too.
I am already quite satisfied with the normal version, now I have the extended license for 2 months.
my question, is it possible to get all access permanently?
I help many acquaintances with their cars and it is good to have the whole program to make a number of settings.

my english is very bad, i hope this will be achieved by someone responsible for it.

PS. I can also help with small problems with BMW from e36 or give tips.
ForScan only works with FORD and MAZDA ....But not with BMW's

ForScan funktioniert nur mit FORD und MAZDA .... aber nicht mit BMW

Buy Extended License: 1 year, 3 years, 5 years or lifelong

Erweiterte Lizenz kaufen: 1 Jahr, 3 Jahre, 5 Jahre oder lebenslang
https://forscan.org/download.html

https://translate.google.com/

billwish76
Vehicle: 2017 ford f150 3.5l

Post by billwish76 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:08 pm

Hello I need to regain my extended activation key I purchased I believed it was a one year but I do not know how to get it again. also it worked at one time but now it keeps saying cannot connect and I need to turn the key on and I've tried it every which way accessory ignition and engine running and it will not connect.

Daniel864
Vehicle: Ford F-250

Post by Daniel864 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:01 pm

using obdlinkex it wont connect to vehicle???