Standard and Extended licenses for Windows

Any issues related to FORScan application
lollapalooza
Vehicle: Ford Fiesta 1.6 TDCi 2011

Re: Standard and Extended licenses for Windows

Post by lollapalooza » Tue May 01, 2018 10:23 am

It looks like you've installed the Wine version... Why?

NewshockerGuy
Vehicle: 2001 Ford Ranger XLT

Post by NewshockerGuy » Tue May 01, 2018 2:14 pm

^

About to say the same thing. I just installed it on another computer and the hardware ID is there via the correct version/os to download it to. The beginning of this thread is spot on and exactly as you said. It's a very simple process. Takes all of about 2 minutes to get the extended license key...

People just need to RE-READ the how-to, and follow it STEP-BY-STEP.

-Nigel
_________
~NSG~

Vladsky
Vehicle: '15 3.5L Eco-Borscht - 409 rwhp, 526 rwtq

Post by Vladsky » Tue May 01, 2018 3:03 pm

lollapalooza wrote:It looks like you've installed the Wine version... Why?
^^^ Bingo! ;) ^^^ Thank-you sir!

To Munkey ... now you see why screenshots are a vital aid in troubleshooting? No one could have deduced by reading yer vitriol that you were loading the WRONG fekkin' 'flavour' of the software. Most would assume folks would at least read the basic instructions / descriptions fer each offered tool version and select the right one for their needs. Bad assumption, in retrospect, lol :roll:

Download the CORRECT full, license-able version fer Windows and follow Post 1 (again) to obtain yer license - you'll be golden. :D

Salut
Vlad
Last edited by Vladsky on Tue May 01, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vladsky

Post by Vladsky » Tue May 01, 2018 3:04 pm

NewshockerGuy wrote:^

About to say the same thing. I just installed it on another computer and the hardware ID is there via the correct version/os to download it to. The beginning of this thread is spot on and exactly as you said. It's a very simple process. Takes all of about 2 minutes to get the extended license key...

People just need to RE-READ the how-to, and follow it STEP-BY-STEP.

-Nigel
Thanks, Nigel!

Cheers
Vlad

kb1dvg
Vehicle: 2018 Ford Escape SE

Post by kb1dvg » Thu May 03, 2018 9:23 pm

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum & can't seem to find what I need. Can anyone help me here? I have an American Ford Escape SE 2018 & changing my APIM from no navigation to one with but finding the version that will work for my year isn't working. Can anyone tell me where to get it?

Jim74656
Vehicle: 1999 F250 7.3L Diesel

Post by Jim74656 » Thu May 03, 2018 10:41 pm

thanks for the detailed step by step on the how to for getting the license key, worked first time through :)

victor figueredo
Vehicle: ford fiesra

Post by victor figueredo » Thu May 10, 2018 9:53 am

Bom dia, estou tentando abrir a aba de configurações para fazer a ativação das chaves pela central e no meu App do Forscan so aparece 2 abas PCM, não aparece a opcção Programação PATS. Preciso de uma ajuda para ativar as demais chaves. Desde ja Agradeço

kb1dvg
Vehicle: 2018 Ford Escape SE

Post by kb1dvg » Mon May 14, 2018 8:16 pm

victor figueredo wrote:Bom dia, estou tentando abrir a aba de configurações para fazer a ativação das chaves pela central e no meu App do Forscan so aparece 2 abas PCM, não aparece a opcção Programação PATS. Preciso de uma ajuda para ativar as demais chaves. Desde ja Agradeço

TRANSLATION:
Good morning, I'm trying to open the settings tab to do the activation of the keys by the central and in my Forscan App only 2 PCM tabs appears, the PATS Programming option does not appear. I need some help to activate the other keys. Thank you very much in advance

Hump7777
Vehicle: 2017 Ford F-150 5.0 V8

Post by Hump7777 » Tue May 22, 2018 11:31 pm

So I try to generate the extended license and it only gives me a trial version ONLY. Someone says its one in the same but there is no way as the program will not allow me to do anything. I have have the extended license before and programmed my truck. Now trying to do more and cannot. Please help me.

Vladsky

Post by Vladsky » Wed May 23, 2018 12:02 am

Hump7777 wrote:So I try to generate the extended license and it only gives me a trial version ONLY. Someone says its one in the same but there is no way as the program will not allow me to do anything. I have have the extended license before and programmed my truck. Now trying to do more and cannot. Please help me.
They are one and the same - yer simply doing something wrong / missin' a step or three. It's the ONLY license you can apply for as a regular user, for FREE, with a name and a Hardware ID.

If the Steering Wheel icon shows 'Extended license', yer name, and a 2 month active window yer golden. There could be a plethora of other reasons why you 'can't do anything'. :roll:

Refer to: http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2826. If THAT doesn't help, back away - this is not the software fer you, da? My 6 year old grandkid can do this blindfolded :lol:

Vlad