Standard and Extended licenses for Windows

Any issues related to FORScan application
tractmec
Vehicle: F150 5.4 Triton 2005 Expe5.4 2003 Fusion 3.0 2010

Re: Standard and Extended licenses for Windows

Post by tractmec »

jdenenberg wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:45 pm
Is it possible to get trial license in a different file format? I cannot open .key files on my Windows laptop.
There is no need to "open" them within Windows. The original instruction to just "double click the license.key file stopped working with Windows 7 and newer as newer versions of windows will not allow a run of the Windows Registry Editor from the desktop!

As i outlined in the post directly above yours and is also shown in f-wolf's instruction here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5775http://forscan. ... f=5&t=5775, and although the method works, and the licence file will be in the first directory that opens under that drop down with his method it is a little more complicated than it need be!

The method I have described and will describe again below, should only need, at most a "Right Click" of the Forscan Icon on your desktop and click "Run as administrator when starting this process!
I have never had to do so on any of my installs!

You just use the "Load license key" button in the about page(Wheel Icon) within Forscan and navigate within that small file manager(with the little drop down button {should show "Program Files(x86)" upon opening}) to where the "license.key" file is located( you did remember where you downloaded it to: yes?) on your hard drive.
The following may differ depending on where you downloaded the "license.key" file to on your Hard Drive when you downloaded it from the generation page here http://forscan.org/forum/extlic.php
(As an Example click the button to open the drop down and click C:\ then double click "Users" then double click "{your user name or whatever user name you log in to the computer under}" then double click "Downloads").
Find the license.key file then "double click" it or single click the file and click the "OK" button within that file manager and Forscan will do the rest! You should get the warning popup asking if you wish to restart Forscan.
Click yes and after Forscan restarts the license should should show as activated in the about page with an expiry date for two months out and an uninstall key!

Make sure you computer's date is correct as the License is date sensitive!
jdenenberg
Vehicle: 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid 2.5 Atkinson cycle

Post by jdenenberg »

Thanks, I'll give that a try.
jdenenberg

Post by jdenenberg »

I followed that procedure, but when Forscan restarts it still only shows the standard license. I tried it several times.
jdenenberg

Post by jdenenberg »

Thanks for the help. I just tried it again and it worked this time.
Виль
Vehicle: mazda3greydark

Post by Виль »

здравствуйте, переустановил форскан и стер код активации.никак не могу восстановить:((Помогите пожалуйста.
ID ноутбука 357EF9A7-495B
Заранее благодарен
jaaames14
Vehicle: 2015 px ford ranger px mk2 3.2ltr wildtrak

Post by jaaames14 »

Where or who can I apply for an extended license for forscan?? In need asap
f-wolf
Vehicle: *** Ford ***

Post by f-wolf »

jaaames14 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:05 am
Where or who can I apply for an extended license for forscan?? In need asap

https://forscan.org/forum/extlic.php
daro5555
Vehicle: mondeo BENZYNA 2.0L 145KM 2008

Post by daro5555 »

:D
Cmanzano02
Vehicle: Ford Explorer, 4Cyl turbo , 2017

Post by Cmanzano02 »

I have generated a code for a free trial but I can not seem to get the activation code. Can someone help
tractmec
Vehicle: F150 5.4 Triton 2005 Expe5.4 2003 Fusion 3.0 2010

Post by tractmec »

Cmanzano02 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:23 pm
I have generated a code for a free trial but I can not seem to get the activation code. Can someone help
Free trial licenses do not use an Activation code. Free trials are downloaded from the generation page here http://forscan.org/forum/extlic.php to a folder of your choice and and loaded from within Forscan as I have laid out in series of screens here viewtopic.php?p=63970#p63970