Checksums

Any issues related to FORScan application
KugaEdge
Vehicle: Edge 2017 BiTdci

Checksums

Post by KugaEdge » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:41 pm

Newbie here. I've been lurking for weeks, patiently reading the forum posts, familiarising myself with the software and the modules in my car (EU 2017 Edge). Finally I decided I am ready to make a small change to an as built value in the SCCM, I saved the current module settings first to be safe.

Anyway I made the change and the checksum didn't update, when clicking Write I get a message saying there is a checksum error which might be OK continue yes or no. Obviously I chose no because I didn't know what the impact of writing with a wrong checksum was. I thought that Forscan automatically populated the new checksum for you when one of the other bits was changed? Is this not the case - do I manually need to work out what the new checksum is each time I make a change and enter it before I write it?

Many thanks.

stundentas
Vehicle: mustang escape c-max about few years old

Re: Checksums

Post by stundentas » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:07 pm

Hi,

The last to digits in line are check sum. you can write it 00 and forscan will generate it anyway.
maybe you change in line for ex. form 0 to 1 and 1 to 0, so the check sum will be the same.

KugaEdge
Vehicle: Edge 2017 BiTdci

Re: Checksums

Post by KugaEdge » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:39 pm

Thanks, no I only changed one value from 6 to A. Are you saying that I should overwrite the last two digits with 00 and Forscan will put the correct values in?