Battery monitoring reset

Any issues related to FORScan application
strange77
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:54 pm
Vehicle: Ford Ranger 3.2 2012

Re: Battery monitoring reset

Post by strange77 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:11 pm

Hi SgtSmegma,
thanks for the offer I have sent you a PM

piolin49
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:14 pm
Vehicle: Ford B-Max

Re: Battery monitoring reset

Post by piolin49 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:48 am

Hi:

At post you say your dealer take off BMS. What did he do? Disconnected BMS socket? Edit As-Built and load to BCM?

Tahnk you in advance.

I've got a C-Max and, If leave the car parked more than 7 days, battery charge goes bie, although battery is new and reset of BMS was done.

Regards

bringiton999
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:10 am
Vehicle: 2013 px ford ranger 3.2 manual 147 kw

Re: Battery monitoring reset

Post by bringiton999 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:34 am

gday mate can I get your as build number

stimpy88
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:28 am
Vehicle: Ford Mondeo Mk4.5 - Diesel 2.0, 163, 2013

Re: Battery monitoring reset

Post by stimpy88 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:21 am

bringiton999 wrote:gday mate can I get your as build number
What for?

sykoticus
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:43 am
Vehicle: 2014 Ford Ranger T6 Wildtrak. 3.2

Re: Battery monitoring reset

Post by sykoticus » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:59 pm

can you guys help me out with this as well? dealer techs are clueless idiots and i really want to get rid of this smart charging system on my ranger PX.

rdatkins
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:59 am
Vehicle: 18 F150 3.5 Twin Turbo

Re: Battery monitoring reset

Post by rdatkins » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:50 pm

Why would you want to disable the battery monitoring system? Curious, not sure of benefits/downsides to it.

stimpy88
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:28 am
Vehicle: Ford Mondeo Mk4.5 - Diesel 2.0, 163, 2013

Re: Battery monitoring reset

Post by stimpy88 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:39 am

rdatkins wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:50 pm
Why would you want to disable the battery monitoring system? Curious, not sure of benefits/downsides to it.
I'm not sure about other make/models, but the BMS on the Ford Mondeo/Fusion seems to leave the battery a little low at all times.

The BMS is basically a charging system that is designed to improve fuel economy by adjusting the output of the alternator according to various conditions, such as battery charge level, speed of vehicle, engine load, coasting, downhill/uphill driving, accelerating or decelerating, temperature etc...

The end result is that the charging system varies the voltage and current from the alternator to the battery.

Most Mondeo owners find that this system will leave their battery at the 12.4v to 12.3v level after driving, which is a partially drained state, which can cause issues in cold weather etc. Some people also believe that this BMS system is responsible for the Mondeo battery drain syndrome, which is only part of the problem. Most people have narrowed the power drain problem down to the entertainment system/Bluetooth module, however this problem is exasperated by the fact that the car does not seem to fully charge the battery in the first place.

rdatkins
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:59 am
Vehicle: 18 F150 3.5 Twin Turbo

Re: Battery monitoring reset

Post by rdatkins » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:55 pm

stimpy88 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:39 am
rdatkins wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:50 pm
Why would you want to disable the battery monitoring system? Curious, not sure of benefits/downsides to it.
I'm not sure about other make/models, but the BMS on the Ford Mondeo/Fusion seems to leave the battery a little low at all times.

The BMS is basically a charging system that is designed to improve fuel economy by adjusting the output of the alternator according to various conditions, such as battery charge level, speed of vehicle, engine load, coasting, downhill/uphill driving, accelerating or decelerating, temperature etc...

The end result is that the charging system varies the voltage and current from the alternator to the battery.

Most Mondeo owners find that this system will leave their battery at the 12.4v to 12.3v level after driving, which is a partially drained state, which can cause issues in cold weather etc. Some people also believe that this BMS system is responsible for the Mondeo battery drain syndrome, which is only part of the problem. Most people have narrowed the power drain problem down to the entertainment system/Bluetooth module, however this problem is exasperated by the fact that the car does not seem to fully charge the battery in the first place.

So if the system was disabled, the worst thing that could happen would be increased fuel consumption?

stimpy88
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:28 am
Vehicle: Ford Mondeo Mk4.5 - Diesel 2.0, 163, 2013

Re: Battery monitoring reset

Post by stimpy88 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:47 am

rdatkins wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:55 pm
So if the system was disabled, the worst thing that could happen would be increased fuel consumption?
If you could even measure it. Yes, we are taking that low of an effect!

Maybe the system would make more sense if it was on a car fitted with Start/Stop, or a petrol car, as they have much lower torque, so the effect could be higher while at idle, or low RPM, maybe!

However, the BMS is most likely used as a little cheat on an emissions test, as there is no load on the engine while being held at high RPMs during some of the test, so the BMS would act to lower the output of the alternator, or shut if off completely, further reducing load on the engine, thus reducing emissions during the test, and making the figures look a little better than they otherwise would be on a car without a BMS, but identical engine.

coufy
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:10 pm
Vehicle: Mondeo TDCI 2.0 110kW 2015

Re: Battery monitoring reset

Post by coufy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:28 pm

If I disable BMS, front windscreen heating stop working. 726-04-01 xxxX xxxx xxxx

Post Reply