Disable mykey

Any issues related to FORScan application
jmurrell2012
Vehicle: Lincoln MKC 1.6 L 4cyl 2015

Re: Disable mykey

Post by jmurrell2012 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:33 am

So I was able to clear the mykey setting and return my key fob back to admin in a 2015 Lincoln MKC. I used the same procedures and posted in the linked youtube video, except I had to use forscan with the OBD2 connector with HS / MS switch.

I connected via USB to forscan and ran the KEOR, Key on, Engine on test under the PCM. Once the test completed, my Lincoln's lights flashed similiar to his video. I then removed the key from the car, and turned off the car with the doors closed. Then I restarted with no key in the car. I was then able to see the full mykey menu and remove all mykeys. After clearing, I turned off the car, brought my key back and started back without Mykey activated. The steps are nearly exactly the same as the video linked, however. I had to use forscan and a ELM with the switch. His video did not work on my 2015 Lincoln, but this did work.

https://youtu.be/v0XrsYOXHB8

Andyfocus
Vehicle: ford focus 1.0 ecoboost (100ps) 2017

Post by Andyfocus » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:54 am

it worked because you car is remote start not because of the odb and koer test well known alreadu and i have posted this numerous times.
you dont have to run anything just start the car with the remote start and the menu willl be their.
i am the same as you just a forscan user still learning .
The search function is there for a reason use it.
no you can no longer pm me with your 1 or 0 posts so dont try.

jmurrell2012
Vehicle: Lincoln MKC 1.6 L 4cyl 2015

Post by jmurrell2012 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:39 pm

Nope, the remote start thing did not work on mine, I read every post and watched every video. Starting my car with the remote start didn't even allow me to access my dash menu until I had fully started the car with the key.