Downloading Extended License Issue

Any issues related to FORScan application
lenko
Vehicle: 2015 Lincoln MKC, 2006 Mustang GT, Saleen 530 HP

Re: Downloading Extended License Issue

Post by lenko »

smp220 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:10 pm
so if i purchase an extended license for life. and if my PC craps out and i get another one, is my license transferable to my new pc laptop?
Did exactly that and was able to transfer the licence. Went from Toshiba to Dell.
joeyhume
Vehicle: 2015 Ford Taurus SEL, 3.5 liter

Post by joeyhume »

would someone please direct me to the download for extended key file. Any help would be greatly apricated.. thanks
Joey Hume :?
tractmec
Vehicle: F150 5.4 Triton 2005 Expy5.4 2003 Fusion 3.0 2010

Post by tractmec »

joeyhume wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:16 pm
would someone please direct me to the download for extended key file. Any help would be greatly apricated.. thanks
Read this topic viewtopic.php?p=2654#p2654 which should direct you to http://forscan.org/forum/extlic.php
joeyhume

Post by joeyhume »

i was able to download the extended licence and install. works perfect.
now I have another issue.

navigation app for sync 2. where would I find that at and be able to load to a thumb drive ?
joeyhume

Post by joeyhume »

im getting a error message. " please remove USB device. it is not supported"

wth ?
HighDesert
Vehicle: 2011 F-150 CC 4X4 3.5 EB

Post by HighDesert »

OK, I have followed these instructions (though I'm admittedly not particularly savvy on all-things-computer).

I cannot open or otherwise copy the license key. I saved it in a file and put the file in the FORscan program folder. When I double click it just asks how I want to open the file, then offers to look in the Microsoft store.

How can I copy the key to paste into the 'Enter Activation Code' window in FORscan?

I sure would appreciate any assistance!
tractmec

Post by tractmec »

HighDesert wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:09 pm
OK, I have followed these instructions (though I'm admittedly not particularly savvy on all-things-computer).

I cannot open or otherwise copy the license key. I saved it in a file and put the file in the FORscan program folder. When I double click it just asks how I want to open the file, then offers to look in the Microsoft store.

How can I copy the key to paste into the 'Enter Activation Code' window in FORscan?

Two month trial licenses do not use the "Activation code" Window as the trial license uses the "Load License key" button to navigate to the folder containing the Key. No need to double click any thing. See this topic viewtopic.php?p=63970#p63970 where I posted a sequence of screens. If you have put it in the Forscan program folder already, then you should see it when you click the "Load licence Key" button!

Activation codes are a Short code of about 19 characters used for the "Paid License" and would be copied and pasted into the Activation window from the Payment Web site or from the Payment confirmation invoice received by email.

Hope that clears up the confusion?
HighDesert
Vehicle: 2011 F-150 CC 4X4 3.5 EB

Post by HighDesert »

tractmec wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:00 am
HighDesert wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:09 pm

Two month trial licenses do not use the "Activation code" Window as the trial license uses the "Load License key" button to navigate to the folder containing the Key. No need to double click any thing. See this topic viewtopic.php?p=63970#p63970 where I posted a sequence of screens. If you have put it in the Forscan program folder already, then you should see it when you click the "Load licence Key" button!

Activation codes are a Short code of about 19 characters used for the "Paid License" and would be copied and pasted into the Activation window from the Payment Web site or from the Payment confirmation invoice received by email.

Hope that clears up the confusion?
@tractmec Thank you very much, that seems to have done the trick. It will be a bit before I can try it on my 2011 F150 to activate the brake controller, but at least I'm past that difficulty.
notbob22
Vehicle: 2019 F150 xlt, 2.7ecoboost

Post by notbob22 »

have installed and uninstalled multiple times, shut down and restarted, etc, etc - i can only get the standard version and the hardware id is different on my downloads from the one on the application - is the trial extended license actually available? some technical assistance would be very much appreciated
tractmec

Post by tractmec »

notbob22 wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 8:56 pm
have installed and uninstalled multiple times, shut down and restarted, etc, etc - i can only get the standard version and the hardware id is different on my downloads from the one on the application - is the trial extended license actually available? some technical assistance would be very much appreciated
Are you using the Hardware ID from the computer you have Forscan installed on and intend to install the extended license on. This sounds like you are using different Computer Hardware ID to generate the license than the one you intend to license?

Example: If you have Forscan installed on both a desktop PC and a Laptop, and you intend to use the Trial license on the Laptop and you are generating and down loading the license with the Desk Top you must use the the Hardware ID from the Laptop in the Hardware ID field to generate the license at the site. http://forscan.org/forum/extlic.php!

Easiest is to use the "copy to clip board" button in the About Page and go to the site link on the computer you intend to license and right click and paste that computers Hardware ID into the Hardware Id field!

The hardware ID in the Forscan about page belongs to the Computer not to Forscan and the generated licence file is tied to that computer Hardware ID only.

See this topic for some more help for installing viewtopic.php?p=63970#p63970

Not the first time this has been explained here!