Downloading Extended License Issue

Any issues related to FORScan application
cjasmin
Vehicle: Ford Raptor

Re: Downloading Extended License Issue

Post by cjasmin »

Does any one know how to get my laptop from downloading this file in PDF? No matter what I do by savings it and changing the name, clearing my laptop will the download be anything other than PDF.
f-wolf
Vehicle: *** Ford ***

Post by f-wolf »

cjasmin wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:09 am
Downloading Extended License Issue

Follow my instructions here :
Forscan License http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php? ... f=5&t=5775
55john55
Vehicle: Mercury Milan 2.4L,4cyl Hybrid

Post by 55john55 »

It seems once I check with the device and see the modules, I cannot go to the next stage after clicking the module and "Yes" on "not moving" section. All I get is I need an extended license.

Does this mean the"trial license of two months" would not let me repair/reconfigure the settings?
Richard Smith
Vehicle: Ford Ranger 3.2l Diesel auto 4x4 2019

Post by Richard Smith »

I too am having problems with WIndows 10 and installing the key, downloads the key (actually listed as a .CSV file) FORscanLicense.key , have created the License folder and dropped it into the FORscan folder, when I navigate to it in windows its showing as being there, when I click the "load license key" button and navigate to the folder, the file is not there and I cannot go any further.... Help :( Double clicking the file just opens the file in Excel , I seem to be going around in circles....
f-wolf
Vehicle: *** Ford ***

Post by f-wolf »

Richard Smith wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:57 pm
I too am having problems with WIndows 10 and installing the key, downloads the key (actually listed as a .CSV file) FORscanLicense.key

( actually listed as a .CSV )

Right click on file ... and change the .CSV file extension to .key ... so it looks like this: FORScanLicense.key ... and try again
Richard Smith
Vehicle: Ford Ranger 3.2l Diesel auto 4x4 2019

Post by Richard Smith »

It does look like that, its just that the Forscan load licence key tab wont find it, it shows the folder as empty, its like the file is hidden.... its looking for a file type .key but this file is listed as FORScanLicense.key.csv this is when I right click and check its attributes..... the file is named FORScanLicense.key but wont show up in the file search through Forscan…
colton13
Vehicle: F350 7.3 gas 430HP 2020

Post by colton13 »

Thanks - worked perfectly on my Win 10 pc
2013EcoBeast
Vehicle: 2013 Ecoboost

Post by 2013EcoBeast »

Hell Yeah! Thanks so much for the instructions. I am also running windows 10 pro and ran into the same issue. This definitely sorted me out. Thanks!!! :D
liltokie
Vehicle: 2014 escape v6

Post by liltokie »

Hey guys having issues so I need to disable mykey its been stuck on for three years now. So I got extended license ive copied n took original as well and placed them.in for scan im on windows 7 by the way old hp. Anyway ice unblocked the key since its downloaded from another computer it dont trust it at first it says so ive done that but eveerytime it restarts the page never changes as far as giving me an expiration date or anything like that. Please any help wud be great the lil 60 days is already getting close to expiring im sure.lol but ive tried anything I cud think of maybe im.missing sumtin idk and when I double.click on it it says error cant load sumtin when it opens forscan. Idk if file can be corrupt its unblocked is there maybe another firewall im missing or sumtin.
lthomas09
Vehicle: 2018 F-250 6.7L powerstroke

Post by lthomas09 »

I am new to forscan and I am having issues downloading the license on windows 10. Also it will not connect to my elm. I am confused and frustrated. I have read through and tried what some of you have posted with no luck I do not know what else to do. I am ready to delete it all and start over, but I have downloaded so many things that I wouldnt know where to begin. :lol: :x
Any advice to get me through this would be much appreciated!