Downloading Extended License Issue

Any issues related to FORScan application
notbob22
Vehicle: 2019 F150 xlt, 2.7ecoboost

Re: Downloading Extended License Issue

Post by notbob22 »

thanks for your reply - i was able to solve my problem. i decided to look at the purchase option and was floored that it was only $10/year. i encourage everyone that is having any issues with the free 60 trial download to consider how much their time is worth and just buy it. i wasted several hours today, watching a number of videos on how to get it downloaded and operational, turning it on and going through the steps to enable my brake controller, and then do it again only to get the same gotta have extended license to make that change - on my worse day, my time is worth more than $10 - only took me a couple minutes to accomplish the task - buy the extended license and move on - life is good again
rajackson
Vehicle: 2013 f150 king ranch ecoboost

Post by rajackson »

Agreed. I just spent 4 hours on a sunday trying to download the top secret .key file with no luck. Save your sanity and go by the 1 year...
f-wolf
Vehicle: *** Ford ***

Post by f-wolf »

rajackson wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 11:45 am
Agreed. I just spent 4 hours on a sunday trying to download the top secret .key file with no luck. Save your sanity and go by the 1 year...

Re, I just spent 4 hours on a sunday trying to download the top secret .key file with no luck.

:roll: :?: :?: :?:

extlic.php
tallpaul1975
Vehicle: Ford Galaxy 2011 1.6 TDCI Duratorq

Post by tallpaul1975 »

f-wolf wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:43 pm
Hawkeye3006 wrote:When I try to download the extended license I get a message that says "Windows can not open this file". then wants to direct me to the internet for help. Anyone have a suggestion?
I use WIN XP on my my Laptop. NO problems with Extended License...

But I see some people got problems with WIN 10 ...

I installed Forscan on my PC running WIN 10...and yes there is a Problem with actuating the extended license...

This is what I did...

Download the extended license...make a new folder and name it License. Put the extended license .key file in to that folder.

Go to Windows (C:) and find the FORScan Folder... Mine was in Program Files (x86)

Paste the " License Folder " in to FORscan...

Or: Right click on ForScan shortcut, Properties, Open File location...put License Folder in there.

Next:

Open the FORscan program

Forscan 3.jpg

Click on [ Load License Key ] and this should take you here ...

Forscan 2.jpg

Open License Folder and take it from there...

When done it should look like this:

Forscan 1.jpg

Hope it works for you as well !!
Cheers for this post it worked a treat and really helped me out.
smartguy69
Vehicle: Kuga Titanium,2 litre diesel, 150PS, 2015

Post by smartguy69 »

Remember the licence is not in the folder which Forscan defaults to when you press "Load Licence Key'. It is in your download folder.

When your press load licence key you have to navigate away from Forscan Programs to:

C:
Users
Downloads

Then click on the forscan licence file.
Dutchimport
Vehicle: Ford Taurus 2003 3.0l+v6+DURATEC

Post by Dutchimport »

Putting the .key in a folder did the trick. Much appreciated.

AJ