Hello and help!

Any issues related to FORScan application
SouthernExploder
Vehicle: 2016 Ford Explorer Limited

Hello and help!

Post by SouthernExploder » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:26 am

Hi - I've just purchased a New-to-me 2016 Explorer limited and am having a BLIS/CRT issue. I wanted to see if I could troubleshoot it with the forscan app for android so I've downloaded it earlier tonight. When I connect to the vehicle it only finds 5 of the modules:
1) PMC
2) ODB2
3) APIM
4) PAM
5) BdyCM

I'm not seeing any of the other supported modules.

The ODB connector I'm using is v1.5 and the same one I use to configure my bmw (using Carly). This connector is pulling live data from those 5 modules.

Is this a connector issue? Or am I not really going to be able to do what I'm trying to do?

I went to download the windows app and use it but couldn't find anything but the beta apps. And the latest beta app is not showing me anything different than the android app.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

angelos
Vehicle: ranger 3.2

Re: Hello and help!

Post by angelos » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:10 am

You have to download window apps to use and to troubleshoot all modules .It's the same thing I found opening forscan in an Android phone doesn't open all modules

SouthernExploder
Vehicle: 2016 Ford Explorer Limited

Post by SouthernExploder » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:59 pm

Can you point me to where I can download the full windows app? I can only find the beta on this website.

Thanks!

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:03 pm

SouthernExploder wrote:Hi - I've just purchased a New-to-me 2016 Explorer limited and am having a BLIS/CRT issue. I wanted to see if I could troubleshoot it with the forscan app for android so I've downloaded it earlier tonight. When I connect to the vehicle it only finds 5 of the modules:
1) PMC
2) ODB2
3) APIM
4) PAM
5) BdyCM

I'm not seeing any of the other supported modules.
New Explorer (from 2016) has majority of modules available on HS2/HS3 and MS-CAN buses that are available through MS-CAN pins of OBDII-jack (pins 3 and 11). Standard ELM327 has no support for these pins, as it is out of OBDII standard. You need adapter with MS-CAN support. You can either modify your ELM327 for it (article: http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4), or purchase an adapter with built MS-CAN support (for example, OBDLink MX BT, ELS27 v3).

The ODB connector I'm using is v1.5 and the same one I use to configure my bmw (using Carly). This connector is pulling live data from those 5 modules.
SouthernExploder wrote: I went to download the windows app and use it but couldn't find anything but the beta apps. And the latest beta app is not showing me anything different than the android app.
FORScan for Windows beta is official release for Windows. We have no ability to test releases on all models/years, this is why it is always beta.

FORScan Lite for Android and iOS have no Service and Programming functions, also tests and output control mode. Except this, they are fully functional, so have support for all modules. Here is comparsion table:

http://forscan.org/comparsion.html