2014 F250 BCM DTC's will not reset

Any issues related to FORScan application
jdscholl
Vehicle: Ford F-Series Super Duty Power Stroke Turbo Diesel

Re: 2014 F250 BCM DTC's will not reset

Post by jdscholl » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:26 pm

Hey Guys,

So I went back and reverted all my after market lights to stock. This did eliminate some of the DTC's I was getting when performing the BdyCM self test. unfortunately I am still getting the following

B123A:15 - Left Front Turn Indicator -> Circuit short to battery or open
B123A:11- Left Front Turn Indicator -> Circuit short to ground
B1313:15- Interior Lighting output -> Circuit short to battery or open

Now both blinkers work in the rear but, only the front drivers side works. The passanger side blinker does not.(I was under the impression that Left meant sitting in the truck but now I think Left means looking at the truck? then this information would make sense)

The running lights also still do not work, but I am assuming the FET is still blocking the output as I am still unable to clear the original DTCs in the BdyCM

Going to try a few more things and will keep updating this thread

denbo
Vehicle: ford focus 16 zetec

Post by denbo » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:52 am

Its left as you sit in vehicle. It saves any missunderstanding from left hand and right hand drive.

jdscholl

Post by jdscholl » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:42 pm

@denbo Thanks for clarifying

in terms of an update, I let the truck sit for a while and then I decided that I would let it run for a little bit and charge the batteries up. While the truck was running I turned the hazards on and now the passanger side was working and the drivers side was not... I let the truck sit for a few minutes and all of a sudden both passenger and driver side started to work.

Going a step further I shut the truck off and tested the blinkers and now the passenger side blinker which has not worked in months was working, but the driver side blinker that was working the whole time stopped working.... In fact now when I turn on the driver side blinker the hazards come on....

Using for scan I was able to see the switch states and BCM state, It reports that the driver side blinker is always inactive so this tells me that the BCM is not picking up the signal from IPC. but I decided to run another self test and still no luck. It reports Left turn signal short to ground and Left turn signal short to positive.

I even gained two more faults in the BCM one of which is in related to anything (Brake fluid level switch failure)

So what I think is happening is my BCM is slowly crapping out.... It appears the only way to fix it is to replace it. I have the ability to reset the module, but I hesitate to do this as my truck is tuned and I am not sure if I should return it to stock before I reset it then re-flash the tune...

Also I have not seen any post on anyone being able to flash new BCMs with FORScan. I can not tell if FORScan flashes the whole module or if it is only accessing the calibration values of the binary file on the controller.

My plan is to get a new BCM, attempted to reset the old and and if that doesn't work I will attempt to put the new BCM in and flash it with FORScan.
I am going to create a new thread to post the process and my findings.

jdscholl

Post by jdscholl » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:53 am