EGR value reset procedure

Any issues related to FORScan application
cgorms
Vehicle: Ford Focus C-Max, 1.6L Duratorq-TDCi Diesel, 03/04

EGR value reset procedure

Post by cgorms » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:09 am

Hi,

Nooby!!

I see you are able reset the EGR value via the PCM, do I need a modified ELM327 adapter for this procedure?

Thanks

FORScan
Site Admin

Re: EGR value reset procedure

Post by FORScan » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:53 am

No. PCM is always on HS-CAN, so you don't need to modify it for MS-CAN support in order to reset EGR.

avkdm
Vehicle: 2008 Mazda BT-50 SDX

Post by avkdm » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:29 pm

FORScan wrote:No. PCM is always on HS-CAN, so you don't need to modify it for MS-CAN support in order to reset EGR.
You say the new version of FORScan (2.2) will support reflashing ECU module with ELM327 device in some cases.
http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=408
Will we have the ability to view the ECU contents with FORScan and then disable the EGR from throwing an error code - when an EGR blanking plate has been fitted in manifold?
The blanking plate turns on the MIL and brings up error code PO401 DTC (insufficient EGR flow) on a lot of vehicles.
If EGR cooler needs replacing sometimes you can not buy the parts so a blank is required.

The ability to turn this off without a costly remap from a tuning company would be great.
I hope you understand my question. Thanks FORScan team.

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:14 am

avkdm wrote: The ability to turn this off without a costly remap from a tuning company would be great.
There is no intent to use FORScan for a "chip tuning". It is expected that reflashing will work in the following way:

1. User provides a calibration file (firmware)
2. FORScan downloads it to vehicle.

Loading current firmware should be aslo implemented, where possible. However, FORScan will not do any modification of the firmware. Theoretically user can upload the firmware from module to PC, modify it and download back. But practically it requires special knowledges and/or special tools.

Wod
Vehicle: Ford Fiesta 1.6 tdci

Post by Wod » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:31 pm

FORScan wrote:
avkdm wrote: The ability to turn this off without a costly remap from a tuning company would be great.
There is no intent to use FORScan for a "chip tuning". It is expected that reflashing will work in the following way:

1. User provides a calibration file (firmware)
2. FORScan downloads it to vehicle.

Loading current firmware should be aslo implemented, where possible. However, FORScan will not do any modification of the firmware. Theoretically user can upload the firmware from module to PC, modify it and download back. But practically it requires special knowledges and/or special tools.
Any idea when this will be implemented? I would like to view my ECU file and edit maps such as the torque limit and start of injection for calibration of larger injectors 8-). ELM FFN apparantly can do this however the language is in Polish :(