Unable to access IPC on 2016 Ford Explorer XLT

Any issues related to FORScan application
watson138
Vehicle: 2016 Ford Explorer XLT

Unable to access IPC on 2016 Ford Explorer XLT

Post by watson138 »

I recently was able to activate the navigation in my Explorer through changing the values in the APIM and wanted to be able to have the turn-by-turn navigation show in the right IPC as well. I am unable to access the IPC. I have the OBDII scanner that is linked below. From reading other posts on this forum and others, it seems people have had success with this device and no issue accessing the IPC and multiple other modules. The program recognizes there is a switch, because if I have it switched to MS-CAN when I first try to connect it tells it can't connect to the car. When I switch back to HS-CAN it connects perfectly and is able to find the APIM, BdyCM, PAM and PCM modules. When it asks me to flip the switch to MS-CAN, no additional modules are found. I'm wondering if this is any issue with the device and the switch not actually changing it over to MS-CAN? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OHP Ford ELMconfig USB device 500kbit/s ELM327 compatible interface with MS-CAN switch
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0 ... UTF8&psc=1
Garnet
Vehicle: 2016 F150 2.7L

Re: Unable to access IPC on 2016 Ford Explorer XLT

Post by Garnet »

Using the OBDLink MX Bluetooth adapter, FORScan shows 24 modules in my 2016 XLT truck ... including the IPC. Your Explorer should have similar or more.

PCM
OBDII
APIM
DCDC
BdyCM
IPMB
OCS
TCCM
ABS
TrlrBM
PBM
RCM
PSCM
SCCM
GWM
FCIM
TRM
RTM
PDM
DDM
GPSM
FCDIM
ACM
IPC

Garnet
Last edited by Garnet on Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Livnitup
Vehicle: 2016 F-150 Platinum 3.5L EB

Post by Livnitup »

Try this: go into FORSCan settings, connection tab and change "MS-CAN Support" to "HS/MS Switch" and then when connecting the next time, click no when it brings up your truck's VIN profile so that FORScan re-discovers all modules. It should then read a few modules and then prompt you to flip the switch to MS-CAN and then it should discover all the modules. On all subsequent connection attempts you can now say yes when it brings up your saved VIN profile.
watson138
Vehicle: 2016 Ford Explorer XLT

Post by watson138 »

Garnet wrote:Using the OBDLink MX Bluetooth adapter, FORScan shows 24 modules in my 2016 XLT truck ... including the IPC. Your Explorer should have similar or more.

PCM
OBDII
APIM
DCDC
BdyCM
IPMB
OCS
TCCM
ABS
TrlrBM
PBM
RCM
PSCM
SCCM
GWM
FCIM
TRM
RTM
PDM
DDM
GPSM
FCDIM
ACM
IPC

Garnet
Thanks for replying and letting me know what I should be able to get. I am no where close to having that many modules available.
Livnitup wrote:Try this: go into FORSCan settings, connection tab and change "MS-CAN Support" to "HS/MS Switch" and then when connecting the next time, click no when it brings up your truck's VIN profile so that FORScan re-discovers all modules. It should then read a few modules and then prompt you to flip the switch to MS-CAN and then it should discover all the modules. On all subsequent connection attempts you can now say yes when it brings up your saved VIN profile.
Thanks for the input. I tried this, but the result ended up being the same. No more modules.

I am posting the information that pops up from the configuration tab. It says there are CAN errors, so maybe that is where my problem lies? I think the issues is most likely a faulty cable and am going to exchange it and see if that is the problem, unless someone knows anything else I could try. Thanks for your help.

Interface:
Type: FTDI #1:AI05BBIY, 500000 kbps
Adapter: ELM327 v1.4
Min.delay: 15 ms ( Good)
Errors:
- CAN ERROR: 97 ( 13.5% )

Vehicle:
Model: Ford Explorer
Engine: TiVCT
Capacity: 3.5L
Year: 2016
Generation: 2016 MY
Fuel: Gasoline
Transmission gear: Automatic

PCM - Powertrain Control Module
Part number: GB5A-12A650-AGA
Strategy : GB5A-14C204-AJF
Total Distance: 14237.5 miles

OBDII - On Board Diagnostic II

APIM - Accessory Protocol Interface Module
Part number: EA5T-14D212-FA
Strategy : EM5T-14D205-AD

PAM - Parking Aid Module
Part number: FU5T-15K866-BG
Strategy : FU5T-14C090-BG

BdyCM - Body Control Module
Part number: GU5T-14B476-BAG
Strategy : GU5T-14C184-AAG
zaki121
Vehicle: ford explorer 2016

Post by zaki121 »

I have the same , any one solve it ?
crazy4dss
Vehicle: 2016 Explorer Limited

Post by crazy4dss »

Was this ever resolved? I have a 2016 LIMITED Explorer with all the safety add ons. may lists about the same as above. I tried the setting changes recommended from Auto to manual. No changes from the list.I have searched everywhere trying to see if anyone else got it resolved and nothing yet. My for has SYNC2 MFT(my ford touch)
crazy4dss
Vehicle: 2016 Explorer Limited

Post by crazy4dss »

SOLVED: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4443

I was able to solve this myself. I was using a wifi nodule with HS/MS switch. Although it said it was compatible with FORScan it was not getting connection or making handshakes with all the modules. SO i purchased a no unit this time a USB with HS/MS switch. this is the model i got VINT-TT55502 ELM327 USB from AMAZON. Installed the drivers then all of my modules showed up.

VINT-TT55502 ELM327 USB modified For all Windows Forscan ELMconfig Focccus HS-CAN / MS-CAN compatible with Ford and Mazda
by vintscan
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N18TOFB/re ... JCbYE3BMSJ
Pajela
Vehicle: Ford Explorer/3.5 v6 Dohc/284ps/2016

Post by Pajela »

For those who had problems getting all the modules.
While connecting the elm 327 ir whatever you have, you have to switch the knob on it when the forscan asks for it it. It allows the rest of the modules to show up.