PATS Key reset

Any issues related to FORScan application
cr08
Vehicle: US 2007 Ford Focus 2.0 Duratec

Re: PATS Key reset

Post by cr08 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:15 pm

I'm also very interested in this as well. I'm one of those people who only got 1 key when the car was bought and while I am fairly diligent about where my key is at all times it would be nice to have a spare available. Don't know what PATS system the US Mk1 Focus (2007, I believe first year in the US they moved to CAN and last year for Mk1?) falls under but hope it can be done. :)

Also a little bit OT but quick question is I am curious how much control can be exposed on the GEM module or if it is largely restricted to the self test function? I imagine it would differ greatly between generations. I've been researching off and on since I have had this car and have always desired the ability to trigger stuff like locks, lights, etc. over the CAN link. Primarily locks. Funny enough my Android phone and chinese ELM327 adapter get better range over bluetooth than my keyfob so that'd be a nice upgrade. :P

Sam1112
Vehicle: [AUS] Ford Fairmont Ghia [BA Mk2] [4L Straight 6]

Post by Sam1112 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:39 am

cr08 wrote:Also a little bit OT but quick question is I am curious how much control can be exposed on the GEM module or if it is largely restricted to the self test function? I imagine it would differ greatly between generations. I've been researching off and on since I have had this car and have always desired the ability to trigger stuff like locks, lights, etc. over the CAN link. Primarily locks. Funny enough my Android phone and chinese ELM327 adapter get better range over bluetooth than my keyfob so that'd be a nice upgrade. :P
Well someone has done something like that with a BA Falcon, its quite interesting but he won't show how it was all done buts its done with an OBDII and some phone app, along with lots of re-wiring. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2_HYqrTE0M

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:33 am

cr08 wrote:I'm also very interested in this as well. I'm one of those people who only got 1 key when the car was bought and while I am fairly diligent about where my key is at all times it would be nice to have a spare available. Don't know what PATS system the US Mk1 Focus (2007, I believe first year in the US they moved to CAN and last year for Mk1?) falls under but hope it can be done. :)
US Focus Mk1, manufactured till 2011, is based on the same C170 platform as European Focus Mk1 produced till 2004, but utlilizes CAN v1 protocol, similar to the European Focus Mk2. Unfortunately, we have no any experience with this model (US Focus Mk1). If you email us FORScan logs as described here, we will try to research PATS functions and implement them.
cr08 wrote: Also a little bit OT but quick question is I am curious how much control can be exposed on the GEM module or if it is largely restricted to the self test function? I imagine it would differ greatly between generations. I've been researching off and on since I have had this car and have always desired the ability to trigger stuff like locks, lights, etc. over the CAN link. Primarily locks. Funny enough my Android phone and chinese ELM327 adapter get better range over bluetooth than my keyfob so that'd be a nice upgrade. :P
GEM module has so called "actuator functions", they allow to activate GEM functions, may be not all of them but a lot. At this moment FORScan has no actuator functions in contrast to majority of professional scanners, but we are going to add it in the nearest future. However it must be noted these functions are designed for diagnostic purpose, so require special test mode and in majority of cases cannot be used in normal mode of work.
Sam1112 wrote: Well someone has done something like that with a BA Falcon, its quite interesting but he won't show how it was all done buts its done with an OBDII and some phone app, along with lots of re-wiring. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2_HYqrTE0M
We have watched the video, but found no any sign it uses OBDII. Looks like this is some kind of custom board (Arduino etc) and most likely directly (physically) connected to actuators (light switch, door locks etc).

3GUCG
Vehicle: mondeo 2.0 2001

Post by 3GUCG » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:08 pm

Perhaps this can help implement some PATS functions sooner.

<file attached removed by moderator>

mikeluscher159

Post by mikeluscher159 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:42 am

3GUCG wrote:Perhaps this can help implement some PATS functions sooner.
<removed by moderator>

Re-uploaded in a less cryptic file format for easier reference :D

Why this board software can't handle .rtf/doc/docx files is beyond me :?:
USDM 2006 Ford Taurus using a OBDLink MX

Willing to beta test

FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:14 pm

Sorry for removing the file and links, however as forum rules say:
It is also not allowed to discuss any reverse engineering issues on protocol and application
If you want to provide any information you consider important, please use PM or email. Thank you!

mikeluscher159

Post by mikeluscher159 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:04 am

FORScan wrote:Sorry for removing the file and links, however as forum rules say:
It is also not allowed to discuss any reverse engineering issues on protocol and application
If you want to provide any information you consider important, please use PM or email. Thank you!
Ahh.
My bad, sorry about that.
USDM 2006 Ford Taurus using a OBDLink MX

Willing to beta test

tumble2113

Post by tumble2113 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:30 pm

If I could also add 2008 F150 to the list, it would be appreciated.

rtestino
Vehicle: f250 powestroke/6.4 2008

Post by rtestino » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:35 am

tumble2113 wrote:If I could also add 2008 F150 to the list, it would be appreciated.
I just purchased a 2008 f250 6.4 diesel. To my surprise only got one key. Went to dealer thinking a key would be around 50. They quoted me at least 120. Just run into this site and would be interested in this capability. I can purchase two uncut SA keys plus fobs for 28 from eBay. From what I have read sa is backwards compatible with S keys which I got.
Thanks be most appreciated

keyster
Vehicle: 2001 US Ford Ranger 3.0L

Post by keyster » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:32 pm

I would also like to request PATS key programming capability.

2001 US Ford Ranger

I am adding a remote starter and need both factory keys to program the starter as a 3rd key.
Since I don't have both keys, I will either need to pay the dealer big bucks, or buy an IDS tool (even bigger bucks).
A 3rd FORScan option should would be nice :D

Here is a nice description of the 5 different PATS types in the U.S. up through year 2005.
http://www.counterpersontraining.com/CM ... elearn.pdf

Thanks