2014 Edge Limited (DIY Picklock)

Any issues related to FORScan application
briankmizell
Vehicle: Ford Edge Limited, v6 3.4l/285 hp, 2014

2014 Edge Limited (DIY Picklock)

Post by briankmizell » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:33 am

sorry if the title seems misleading, I wasn't really quite sure of another way to title it.

I want to disable the safety crap that ford has to keep you from viewing a video while driving. There is a item named piclock or something similar that will do this, but i'd rather not spend $100 on it if I can do it with software.

I know I most likely will get some comments on why i wish to do this. The reason is, we do a decent bit of traveling with our children. And my wife does most of the driving (keeps me out of trouble if I take a wrong turn and get us off track.... lol

But I want to use my phone to run video through the RCA inputs in the console, and use netflix, and or Vudu to watch movies on the screen. Makes for a much shorter trip when the kids aren't arguing.

so if anyone can guide me to the correct place in forscan to disable the safety feature, it would be greatly appreciated.

613gt500
Vehicle: Explorer Sort 3.5L TT 2016

Re: 2014 Edge Limited (DIY Picklock)

Post by 613gt500 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:12 pm

Can't find the thread right now, but a member in Explorer Forum found a way to enable video playback on MFT (even when the vehcile is on drive).

briankmizell
Vehicle: Ford Edge Limited, v6 3.4l/285 hp, 2014

Post by briankmizell » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:55 am

Well, it's been a while now since I got the sync navigation files installed, I forgot to come back and update.

I can't recall the settings I changed to get the video in motion to be activated. But..... when I did this it disabled my Sirius traffic and travel link.

It took me forever to figure out what it was. I even took it to a dealer and they messed with it for two hours and got frustrated because he couldn't figure it out.

so... if your dealership is as amateur as mine, they didn't even notice that I had activated Nav on a car that didnt come with it from the factory.

Long story short, I found that when you enable video in motion, it not only allows to watch video while driving. But it will also allow your passenger to edit destinations and other things in the nav settings while driving.

Now the down low on why Sirius traffic and Travelings will not work, its not that it doesn't work, the software completely disappears. no buttons anywhere to be found.

When you enable video in motion, this is only allowed in Canada from my understanding. and Sirius Traffic and Travelinks is not available in Canada.

Therefore I assume the sync system thinks that it doesnt need the Sirius Traffic and Travelinks icons. Or they just disable it... i dont know.

But I know when I turned off video in motion I got my Sirius Traffic and Travelink icons back.

hopen this helps out any others who have encountered that issue.

DandareBR
Vehicle: Ford Fusion 2013 AWD

Post by DandareBR » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:18 am

briankmizell wrote:Well, it's been a while now since I got the sync navigation files installed, I forgot to come back and update.

I can't recall the settings I changed to get the video in motion to be activated. But..... when I did this it disabled my Sirius traffic and travel link.

It took me forever to figure out what it was. I even took it to a dealer and they messed with it for two hours and got frustrated because he couldn't figure it out.

But I know when I turned off video in motion I got my Sirius Traffic and Travelink icons back.

hopen this helps out any others who have encountered that issue.
Hi,

Do you have any more information on the settings to allow the videoplayback? I live in Brazil and here the Navigation software and maps for Sync 2 are very outdated and doesn't have triaffic information (nor Sirius traffic). So I want to mirrorcast my mobile and use it for navigation with traffic information. I already have a device that converts my mobile phone screen to A/V cables, but I can't make the video playback works while driving.

According to what you wrote, I think it may be changing ACIM 7D0-02-01 XXXX xxxx xxxx . It comes with US code (5553) and maybe changing it to another country code it would enable the video while driving. The problem is to figure out what code I should use as most of the countries doesn't allow videoplayback while driving.

Regards

andresmorago
Vehicle: 2015 Focus SE

Post by andresmorago » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:40 pm

7D0-02-01 **** XXXX XXXX

5753 allows NAV in motion on Sync2 only but Sirius Travel Link no longer works

chief_bs
Vehicle: F150, 3.5EB, 2015

Post by chief_bs » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:34 am

Still waiting to see if there is a Forscan setting change for video in motion as described earlier in this string by briankmizell...