Mondeo Mk3 TDDi module programming

Any issues related to FORScan application
tddiguru
Vehicle: Mondeo MK3, 2.0 TDDi 85kW, 2001

Mondeo Mk3 TDDi module programming

Post by tddiguru » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:08 am

Hello,

New Forscan user here and I've got a few questions. I brought a cheap chinese ELM cable and it works 100% with Forscan and it got a HS-MS switch on it. But how do I know which mode is selected ? Forscan doesn't show it although under Settings, Connection MS-CAN support is set to AUTO so logically I should just flip the switch on the adapter itself?
I got a Ford Mondeo mk3 2.0L, 2001 make TDDi 85kW Diesel and there's no PCM and FIP modules in Programming window although these modules are discovered. I know a TDDi is pretty limited in these things being an early OBD2 and not fully compliant. I can access IC, GEM, Restraints modules (though no parametres to adjust), EATC doesn't work for some reason. If anyone know or own a TDDi, I would really appreciate your thoughts and sorry if I asked in the wrong board section.

fred08155
Vehicle: Ford Mondeo Turnier TDCI 96kW 2002

Re: Mondeo Mk3 TDDi module programming

Post by fred08155 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:54 am

Your car does not use CAN at all. So it doesn´t matter how you set the switch.
If you connect it to a car that supports CAN you will see very soon how the setting is. Most modules are on HS-CAN only a few are on MS-CAN, If FORScan cannot detect any modules in the beginning with current switch setting it was set to MS-CAN. That at least applies for Mondeo MK3 later models. ;)
Most sellers of these modified adapters also put labels on it. If you made the modification by yourself you should know which wire is connected where...

tddiguru

Post by tddiguru » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:58 pm

Thank you for your answer, Fred. I'm still interested why there's no FIP and PCM modules in Module Programming, maybe because my car is 2001 year, pre-facelift with limited support ?

tddiguru

Post by tddiguru » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:51 am

Also, I enabled a chime when reverse gear is selected because this is a handy feature but it doesn't work - I don't hear any chime at all even through Forscan says that the module update (it is GEM module) was correct and it recorded new data. What can I do ? Is it a simple vehicle limitation ?

fred08155

Post by fred08155 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:46 pm

Maybe it is hardware limitation. You could try to change your GEM with a newer one from a facelift mondeo.
This also will add feature of comfort direction indicators.

FORScan doesn´t differ between different hardware and shows all features that are available on all hardware versions.

For example the instrument cluster (HEC) from older models does not support to display current fuel consumption. On newer models it is possible to configure this feature. It depends on software version of HEC.

tddiguru

Post by tddiguru » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:14 am

Thanks Fred. I'm fully aware that my car being a 2001 pre-facelift has many limitations in hardware department because it lacks lots of features and newer software of the modules. I was highly interested in instantaneous fuel consumption and I enabled this option under IC module but It doesn't show instantaneous fuel consumption figures, just average fuel consumption from the moment you reset it. This is purely because my instrument cluster lacks newer firmware I think. It's serial number starts with a JE- code and I read that it should support instantaneous fuel consumption with this version of firmware but it doesn't work. I managed to turn on seatbelt reminder (lol for this one) but it's bugged a little but still works.
Still don't know why there's no PCM and FIP modules listed. Anyone in the forum with a TDDi engine maybe ?

fred08155

Post by fred08155 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:07 pm

Maybe PCM access is just not developed yet. Or you need special hardware like J2534 adapter for it to work.
What is FIP Module good for?

I also have access to GEM and IC (HEC) only.
RCM is also in the list but fails to read. According to FORScan team communication with RCM is crypted and has not been decrypted yet.

tddiguru

Post by tddiguru » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:03 pm

FIP is a Fuel Injection Pump, mine's being a TDDi with purely mechanical injectors and partially electronic high pressure fuel pump - simpler system than TDCi, more reliable (can count for that) but engine noisier, more tractory-like.
It reads RCM on mine but there's nothing to change, figure. Don't mess with RCM anyway - It's a restraint module=airbags, pretensioners etc.
Fred, can you maybe post your IC settings for comparison ? And what is that overspeed speed junction ? Something like you go above speed limit and the GEM starts to beep or chime ?
Is there are any FORScan alternatives ? Something like ELMCONFIG, but it doesn't work with MONDEO MK3 ?

fred08155

Post by fred08155 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:10 pm

I guess TDCI doesn´t have FIP since high pressure pump is driven mechanically.
I can post screenshot of IC settings but it is in german.
There are two "speed" options in IC - speed accuracy and speed limit warning.
AFAIK speed limit is fixed to 120km/h and yes, GEM makes beeps when speed limit is reached. You can turn it on or off. Speed for limit cannot be configured.

If you turn speed accuracy on the shown speed by the instrument is more precise. AFAIK there is a law in germany that the speed shown by IC must not be below real speed so there is a multiplier of 1.2 configured so usually real speed is less than shown speed... The option just disables the multiplier.

There is no alternative to FORScan for Mondeo MK3. There is other OBD2 software but nothing has more options than FORScan.

tddiguru

Post by tddiguru » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:24 pm

I you could post your IC and GEM settings Fred, I would really appreciate your effort! It doesn't matter if it's in German.