2.3.48 download fails

Any issues related to FORScan application
davidwit
Vehicle: Lincoln 4.6 L V8 2007 & Mercury 4.6 L V8 2006

2.3.48 download fails

Post by davidwit »

I get two files when requesting a windows version, neither of which is read/executable. One ends with '.release' the other '.part' (which I indicates the download failed to complete. I tried 3 time with the same result.
FORScan
Site Admin

Re: 2.3.48 download fails

Post by FORScan »

We were able to reproduce the problem in latest Firefox. It seems Firefox added FORScan distribute to the list of unwanted files. Thus far we haven't found a way to report the problem to firefox and remove the flag. In order to complete the download, you have to open the download widged and click on the blue exclamation mark and allow the download.
davidwit
Vehicle: Lincoln 4.6 L V8 2007 & Mercury 4.6 L V8 2006

Re: 2.3.48 download fails (unless using MS-Edge)

Post by davidwit »

I tried FIREFOX download again and indicated to allow download before clicking on the link-- but to no avail because once again the files end with .part.

I then tried Chrome and get two files with names like "Unconfirmed 834986.crdownload"

Finally I tried Microsoft Edge and got good executable files (.EXE), which I ran.
The install added a new Icon on the home page but did not remove the old one. Additionally, there is no-way to see the install was successful & upgrade done, unless/reuse you are plugged into a car (Maybe add a Banner on top). Just recommendations - because so far I like the product but these Computer-based cars will never be as much fun as those old simple Classic (30's-70's).