2007 F150 door key code

Any issues related to FORScan application
BobYoung
Vehicle: 1999 Ford F350 DRW

2007 F150 door key code

Post by BobYoung »

New to ForScan, Windows 7 - bought usb FORScan Pro adapter - Will read HScan info from truck. No Keycode info. Double checked usb driver. Tried reading 2011 Fusion and all the modules show up HScan and MScan. Read the key code for that car. Should the key code be available on the truck?
f-wolf
Vehicle: *** Ford ***

Re: 2007 F150 door key code

Post by f-wolf »

BobYoung wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:55 pm
New to ForScan, Windows 7 - bought usb FORScan Pro adapter - Will read HScan info from truck. No Keycode info. Double checked usb driver. Tried reading 2011 Fusion and all the modules show up HScan and MScan. Read the key code for that car. Should the key code be available on the truck?
Where to find 2007 F150 door key code
https://www.google.com/search?q=where ... &ie=UTF-8

And as for your FORScan Pro adapter

Here is the Bad NEWS

viewtopic.php?p=61868

This is the one that is made to be used with FORScan OBDLink EX
Ecmbuster
Vehicle: Volvo Bertone and two Motorcyles

Post by Ecmbuster »

Pick a version, pick an engine.
Is it a 2007 F150 or 1999 F350
Lack of information.
Version B.JPG
Version B.JPG (27.94 KiB) Viewed 239 times
Version.JPG
Version.JPG (18.36 KiB) Viewed 241 times
Use this tool to capture the main screen and Module Tab.
Snipping Tool.JPG
Snipping Tool.JPG (63.81 KiB) Viewed 241 times
Post those images.
Do not ask for help in PM. Use the forum to ask and answer questions!
tractmec
Vehicle: F150 5.4 Triton 2005 Expy5.4 2003 Fusion 3.0 2010

Post by tractmec »

BobYoung wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:55 pm
It is available in the same body control service procedure but not with the adapter equipment you have. The Vehicle/Body security module is on a network called Uart Based Protocol (UBP DLC Pin 3)and without a Ford VCM2 adapter Forscan cannot read it.

An MSCAN switch is not needed for this truck as it only has HSCAN and you should be seeing several modules on a ISO9141 network. Some of the "clone ELM327 adapters and I suspect that "Pro" adapter (which basically stole the Forscan label) is one of them, have eliminated the older PWM/SCP/J1850 networks and the ISO9141 networks from their builds. If you can, send this back and get a refund and then get a real adapter like OBDLINKScantool EX although the options as far as UBP networks are limited!

If this truck is a regular cab the VSM/BCM is on the Cab pillar just behind the Drivers door behind the trim pieces and the Code is printed on the Part number label. In super cab and super crew it is located on the back cab wall drivers side and can be seen by removing the rear seat back!

Search You Tube as there are many videos showing how to get there
BobYoung

Post by BobYoung »

As per recommendations I bought OBDLink EX tool. It does not show any different data in Forscan. I understand about taking the back seat out to get the code. My real question is there an adapter to get all the information from a 2007 F150? I assume I need a Vcm2 adapter. Does anyone have a similar vehicle and something that works?
tractmec
Vehicle: F150 5.4 Triton 2005 Expy5.4 2003 Fusion 3.0 2010

Post by tractmec »

BobYoung wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:16 pm
As per recommendations I bought OBDLink EX tool. It does not show any different data in Forscan. I understand about taking the back seat out to get the code. My real question is there an adapter to get all the information from a 2007 F150? I assume I need a Vcm2 adapter. Does anyone have a similar vehicle and something that works?
The UBP network is only available in FORScan with a VCM2. I have an 05 F150 and the VSM/BSM on UBP is where the service procedure for reading the Key Pad code is located. I have a "Two Board" VCM2 Clone that works very well on this vehicle!
I tried a VCX NANO before the VCM2 and that was an exercise in futility (Never could get it to connect to the 05 or the 03) and I suspect for the same reasons as the "Chinese Clones" related in the sentence below!

Ford is the only automotive Communication network that ever used UBP to my Knowledge and only in some vehicle lines(Light trucks and some cars) and only for about 5 Model Years(2002-03 to about 2008-09) so you can understand why there is little protocol support for it anywhere but with Ford!

It can not be read by ANY ELM327 based adapter.
Forscan tried for some time from Version 2.3.09 to develop (I helped to develop it for the VCM2 in that Forscan version) a way for ELM based adapters to connect and read the UBP Bus and they finally gave up on it ever working so I am afraid that is what we are left with!

I have heard mixed results with CAN TI CAR adapters but I put no faith in those!

I recommended the EX because it does read PWM/SCP and ISO9141 as well as HSCAN which that F150 may also have and a lot of the "Chinese clones" ,which likely include the "Stolen Logo" "Forscan" and "Forscan Pro" adapters have never bothered to include those older protocols considering that they are obsolete and not worth including! Totally against OBD2 standards

I am afraid that is it!
BobYoung

Post by BobYoung »

Thank you for the info. I'll probably take the back seat out. Truck runs perfect. No DTCs. Thought this would be easy.
Bob