PATS programming issue 'The incode entered was not correct'

Any issues related to FORScan application
mikeh123456
Vehicle: Mazda 2 Diesel 1.2 2008

PATS programming issue 'The incode entered was not correct'

Post by mikeh123456 »

Hi,

I'm new to Forscan but it seems like a great bit of software and a good forum so I was wondering if anyone can help me with this problem. I Recently purchased forscan with extended license to sort out a problem on my wife's 2008 Mazda 2. I have these two error codes

Code: P1622 - Immobilizer ID Does Not Match
Module: Powertrain Control Module

Code: B10DA - RKE - PCM communication fault.
Module: Instrument Cluster

I think I need to do a module initialization but when I use the PATS programming function on forscan to either reprogram the keys (which I've read I need to do before I can do the initialisation) or do the module initialisation itself I get the message that 'the incode entered was not correct' when using Forscan to generate the code and when using a online generator. I''ve read that the cheap OBD connectors can be a problem so I've bought an OBDLink EX as this meant to be okay but I still get the same message. I've checked the codes very carefully when inputting them but everytime I get the same message. Does anyone know wat I'm doing wrong. Log is attached if that helps.

Thanks,
Attachments
Incode not correct.txt
(1.17 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
Ecmbuster
Vehicle: Volvo Bertone and two Motorcyles

Re: PATS programming issue 'The incode entered was not correct'

Post by Ecmbuster »

It would be as interesting to know what you're attempting.
Did that Mazda run before and how many keys came with the car?
Did you purchase another key(s) and where did you get them?
Does the Mazda still start and how many keys start the Mazda?

Did you read this?
viewtopic.php?t=839

Is it a Euro model?
Do not ask for help in PM. Use the forum to ask and answer questions!
mikeh123456

Post by mikeh123456 »

Thanks for replying and the link.

Yes I've read that article as well as a couple of others related to the procedure but get stuck at the code generation step.

Bit of background...

Car wouldn't start one morning starter motor spun weakly a couple of times then I tried to bump start it (in reverse, as parked against a wall) then when switch turned to ignition got nothing lights and blower still worked at 'on' position so suspected starter. Checked battery charge and it was okay so got starter motor off and bench tested and it was bad so replaced.

Tried to start the car, antitheft light was on (2 flashes pause then 3 flashes) and car wouldn't start. Checked all fuses and relays, checked ignition switch and all functional. Tried to start by jumping starter relay and starter spins but won't start. Checked power to both sides of starter relay and okay. Then checked continuity of wire from starter relay to PCM and okay, checked grounds and okay. Checked PCM loom and got 11v on T3c3 and 11.1v on T2g4. Can high to PCM gnd was 2.4v and Can low to gnd was 2.1v. Ground from PCM to chassis had continuity. Measurements taken with loom detached from PCM as I didn't have needles to back probe battery had 12.7v.

So after that thought it must be an immobilizer problem so bought a scanner and started reading the forum and think I need to reset the immobiliser by deleting the keys reprogramming them and doing a module initialisation.

I'm the first owner of the car, I have two keys which came with the car. Neither start the car now but used to before the fault. Car ran fine before the fault.

PCM is a SID 206 or 5WS40585d-t it has continental and Siemans branding on it.

Again really appreciate you replying and thanks in advance to anyone else who has any info.
Ecmbuster

Post by Ecmbuster »

The keys should not be deleted with a starter replacement. It's not possible unless something was seriously disturbed with the electrical system.
Post your initial scan with all the faults, connected controllers at the Modules tab and the log file.
The device being used is great quality.

If you attempt the outcode -incode once and cycle the key and not completed, the outcode - incode needs to be generated at each key cycle.
You will need a power supply attached to the vehicle's battery at all times for testing and configuration.
What code generator are you using?
You have OEM keys correct?
mikeh123456

Post by mikeh123456 »

Thankyou for the advice, I agree I can't believe the starter replacement has caused this. The starter motor is a bit of a pain to get to as on the back of the engine on these but it's not exactly that difficult and nothing eventful happened during installation. I wonder if the multiple start attempts combined with the roll backwards has caused the antitheft to think something is up and immobilise the engine, but appreciate this might be the kind wild thinking you start doing when you're running out of ideas!

I have OEM keys that came with the vehicle from MAZDA.

I've used both the internal code generation on forscan and the one on immo pin calc site at https://www.weboctopus.nl/ as well as the free one online all with the same result.

Sorry, when you say post initial scan do you mean screen shots? Also should I remove the license key from the log file or is it okay to post it with it in there?

Thanks very much for your time on this.
Ecmbuster

Post by Ecmbuster »

Post images of the scan with all the faults and strategies.
Post images of the installed controllers at the Modules Tab.
Then you have a starting point. How many digits are requested and how many digit are input?