2021 Mustang GT - Roush - Can't Program

Any issues related to FORScan application
Natev24
Vehicle: 2021 Mustang GT 5.0L Rosch Stage 2

2021 Mustang GT - Roush - Can't Program

Post by Natev24 »

I have a 2021 Mustang GT with a Roush phase 2 blower and Roush Calibration.

I have used FOR SCAN on my older mustangs before so I'm familiar with how it works.

However, every time I try to program anything either through the AS-BUILT or drop-down selection it gets to 99% then says service interrupted and does not make the change.

I have been reading on the forum posts and forums that other people had similar issues that were resolved by going to the beta version. I did so as well but still no luck changing any data.

I am using an OBDLink MXBTr2.2 STN1151 v4.7.5 (ELM327 v1.4b) adapter.
HP 6910P Laptop w/ Windows 7 x64 fully updated.
FOR SCAN 2.3.41 beta, (2021-05-29).

My car is a base model, manual, sync 3 - 4 inch.

I included my scanned data from FOR SCAN on the car configuration and part numbers for the modules. What else would you require to update FOR SCAN to work with my vehicle?

Is it even possible if they are using the new CAN-BUS encrypted network communication?

Thanks for any help!

Attachments
2021 Mustang.txt
(2.69 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
Natev24

Re: 2021 Mustang GT - Roush - Can't Program

Post by Natev24 »

I would like to add that I'm using the 2-month trial to see what it can do for me. Is this a limitation of the software or a new car feature?

******** Updated*******
I purchased a Lifelong license which allowed me to get help from support as a paying customer. As you can see below their help got me into the IPC reprogramming.
Last edited by Natev24 on Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Natev24

Post by Natev24 »

After some experimentation, it seems the only module that is doing this is the IPC. I suspect they locked it due to the control it has.

Changing the stereo logo works.
Windows Global Close Does Not.

Guess I won't be doing a cluster or radio swap anytime soon.
Natev24

Post by Natev24 »

Talked with FORScan Support and they helped me fix it. I tried to enable remote start and global window close. While I have the feature on the gauge cluster to enable or disable either now the global close still does not work, and I don't have the correct key for remote start. I returned everything to factory settings now.

At least I'm ready to do gauge swaps and radio swaps now.
Natev24

Post by Natev24 »

So after searching to forums and such I do not think Global Close will be possible on the 2021 Mustang GT. The OBDLink MX+ is not finding a DDM in the list of modules, which is required for global close to work.

Unless they have moved that function to another module?

Also, the BCM only has AsBuilt data and does not have a drop-down selection menu yet so I'm sure there is more to be found of function and features in there.

Strategy to use for 2021: MR3A-14C204-CBB there is one more you can use 12C204 but that does not see all the modules.

It seems most of the chimes and other things on the 2018+ model still work so just find the ASBuilt sheets in the forums here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0 <- Mustang
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1226233122 <- 2020 Super Duty

The super duty one above shows more APIM screens to program, however, I cannot get the ford performance one to work, if freezes, or the GT one to work as it's just not there.

For the most part, some of the things you find on other Ford models will likely work on the mustang.

I did look at the RPM setting for the IPC and for this year it has 3 modes and the default mode is 2. I won't be touching this setting for a few years as Id like to keep my Roush warranty.

Ill continue scouring the forums to find any and all cool things I can and want to do to the car.
omar302
Vehicle: Ford Edge, Gasoline 2.7L/335hp, 2016

Post by omar302 »

Natev24 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:13 pm
So after searching to forums and such I do not think Global Close will be possible on the 2021 Mustang GT. The OBDLink MX+ is not finding a DDM in the list of modules, which is required for global close to work.
Make sure you delete the vehicle profile from ForScan when using a new version or using a new adapter so that ForScan would search for all available modules.
Natev24

Post by Natev24 »

omar302 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:32 am
Natev24 wrote:
Make sure you delete the vehicle profile from ForScan when using a new version or using a new adapter so that ForScan would search for all available modules.
Yeah, I found that in the forum too and tried that, still no DDM or PDM. So either Mustangs don't have them or they are in some way changed from other models.
vaeevictiss
Vehicle: f150 xlt, 3.5l ecoboost, 2019

Post by vaeevictiss »

Natev24 wrote:
The super duty one above shows more APIM screens to program, however, I cannot get the ford performance one to work, if freezes, or the GT one to work as it's just not there.
I was kinda upset about the GT theme no longer being in there. I use it in my '19 F150 because it also came with a nice black theme that i wanted to use in my mustang. Really hate that default blue, its just too much at night.

Also, i see the 2020 super duty sheet has bambi mode moved to line 39 where it used to be 27. Have you tried this yet on your '21? curious if it is the same on the '21s now.