navigation install help

Any issues related to FORScan application
Crashdawg
Vehicle: Ford Edge 3.5 2012

navigation install help

Post by Crashdawg »

Hello. Im Crash. Im a newbie here with a few questions. i recently purchased a 2012 Ford Edge that didnt have nav. well i downloaded FORScan to update my Sync.well i got the version update from ford. it says it is SYNC2 - V3.10. i installed this and all went great. The next day i hooked up FORScan and a laptop to change the APIM numbers.I believe i switched more number then i should have, does anyone have a print out of the numbers that come after the 0418? after rebooting it shows navigation in the top right of the screen, For some reason i get a card error with the av SD card i purchased. This is the one i purchased..Is it the wrong one? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WH ... UTF8&psc=1
It is a A10. is it maybe too new? also the Ambient light colors will no longer change.Would this be the numbers i changed? Any help greatly appretiated.
if this is in the wrong area or not allowed please move.. Thanks in advance for the help..CRASHDAWG
Ecmbuster
Vehicle: Volvo Bertone and two Motorcyles

Re: navigation install help

Post by Ecmbuster »

Do not ask for help in PM. Use the forum to ask and answer questions!
lenko
Vehicle: 2015 Lincoln MKC, 2006 Mustang GT, Saleen 530 HP

Post by lenko »

Couple of things. Did you install and activate Navipatch? With Sync 2 version 3.10 you also have to install the Naviupdate file for version 3.10. It is here: https://mega.nz/file/xtQBCRhY#g4x3KVBFn ... Tv85JsjozA

The Navipatch is here: https://disk.yandex.com/d/i-JGQR8ZwLrLM

I would read all this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/myfo ... 80/page-67.

It's too bad you downloaded and installed version 3.10 from Ford. It seems some are having trouble activating navigation with Ford's version. Version 3.08 would have been better. You can do it with the 3.10 but it just seems more difficult.

If you can't get it going and have to revert back to 3.08, you can do it and I've posted how in Forscan and also in the XDA site. The A10 card should be ok - that's what I use. Don't know who made yours so I can't guess at its validity.
All you change is the "4" in that line and don't change anything else.

Here's where it all started. It was a few years ago but the basics are still the same. I would follow what it's say here, but you definitely need the Naviupdate file which came later. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guid ... h.3484473/.
Crashdawg

Post by Crashdawg »

All you change is the "4" in that line and don't change anything else.
i am going to hook DFORScan back up and check the numbers. Can you tell me what all the numbers on that line should be? Thank you
lenko

Post by lenko »

Different vehicles have different numbers so you have to go to the Motorcraft site and download your Asbuilt and look for that line to see what you original numbers were. https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt. One you have them enter those and hit write and follow the directions Forscan gives you.
Crashdawg

Post by Crashdawg »

lenko wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:58 pm
Different vehicles have different numbers so you have to go to the Motorcraft site and download your Asbuilt and look for that line to see what you original numbers were. https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt. One you have them enter those and hit write and follow the directions Forscan gives you.
well i did thhis and the file is super small. its a AB file? wasnt sure how to open so i used file viewer lite.
and this is what shows up
<AS_BUILT_DATA><VEHICLE><VIN>1FAFP53U12A258905</VIN><VEHICLE_DATA><DATA LABEL=""><CODE>0BE2</CODE><CODE>3AFE</CODE><CODE>FF24</CODE></DATA></VEHICLE_DATA><PCM_MODULE><DATA LABEL="PCM 1"><CODE>FFFF</CODE><CODE>FFFF</CODE><CODE>FF0C</CODE></DATA><DATA LABEL="PCM 2"><CODE>FFFF</CODE><CODE>FFFF</CODE><CODE>FF0D</CODE></DATA><DATA LABEL="PCM 3"><CODE>FFFF</CODE><CODE>FFFF</CODE><CODE>FF0E</CODE></DATA><DATA LABEL="PCM 4"><CODE>FFFF</CODE><CODE>FFFF</CODE><CODE>FF0F</CODE></DATA><DATA LABEL="PCM 5"><CODE>FFFF</CODE><CODE>FFFF</CODE><CODE>FF10</CODE></DATA><DATA LABEL="PCM 6"><CODE>FFFF</CODE><CODE>FFFF</CODE><CODE>FF11</CODE></DATA><DATA LABEL="PCM 7"><CODE>FFFF</CODE><CODE>FFFF</CODE><CODE>FF12</CODE></DATA><DATA LABEL="PCM 8"><CODE>FFFF</CODE><CODE>FFFF</CODE><CODE>FF13</CODE></DATA><DATA LABEL="PCM 9"><CODE>FFFF</CODE><CODE>FFFF</CODE><CODE>FF14</CODE></DATA></PCM_MODULE><ERROR><ERRORCODE> 613</ERRORCODE><ERRORMSG> BCE DATA NOT FOUND</ERRORMSG></ERROR><ERROR><ERRORCODE> 614</ERRORCODE><ERRORMSG> CCC DATA NOT FOUND</ERRORMSG></ERROR><ERROR><ERRORCODE> 615</ERRORCODE><ERRORMSG> SPDJB DATA NOT FOUND</ERRORMSG></ERROR><MISC_DATA><TEARTAG>VBP4</TEARTAG></MISC_DATA></VEHICLE></AS_BUILT_DATA>
lenko

Post by lenko »

Strange! The VIN should give you an Asbuilt showing all information about your vehicle as it left the factory. I also entered your VIN and got the same results which I opened in notepad.
You may have to try later or see if you can find a similarly equipped 2012 Edge for a VIN and enter that to see if it comes up with a complete Asbuilt. Some vehicle sales sites like Kijjii may be of help to get another VIN.

In the programming section of Forscan at the bottom there should be a load factory settings of something like that - I would do that to see if it will get your original numbers for that line.
Crashdawg

Post by Crashdawg »

So I finally got everything installed and have navigation. Now the problem I have is when I start the NAV app it shows my location almost 60 miles away from where I actually am. Hopefully this is a easy fix. Any ideas? And thanks for all the help.. Crashdawg.
smartguy69
Vehicle: Kuga Titanium,2 litre diesel, 150PS, 2015

Post by smartguy69 »

Crashdawg wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:25 pm
So I finally got everything installed and have navigation. Now the problem I have is when I start the NAV app it shows my location almost 60 miles away from where I actually am. Hopefully this is a easy fix. Any ideas? And thanks for all the help.. Crashdawg.
Try a master reset.
Crashdawg

Post by Crashdawg »

smartguy69 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:21 pm
Crashdawg wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:25 pm
Try a master reset.
Did that. I'm wondering if unhooking the battery and touching both cables together to re set everything can help.
Makes no sense showing me 60 miles away. Lol . Since it didn't come with NAV would it be missing the antenna?