AUTOLOCK AFTER WALK AWAY - Ford edge

Any issues related to FORScan application
jonrocks
Vehicle: ford edge 2l 180 2018

AUTOLOCK AFTER WALK AWAY - Ford edge

Post by jonrocks »

Hi all,

Is there a way to make the Ford Edge 2018 st line automatically lock its doors when the key fob is not in range? I believe it may be called passive arming?

It’s great you can press the pad on the handle and it locks but would be awesome if the car would lock its self when I walk away as my better half’s cheapy Renault captur does!

Really appreciate any help and I hope this can be done!
Ecmbuster
Vehicle: Volvo Bertone and two Motorcyles

Re: AUTOLOCK AFTER WALK AWAY - Ford edge

Post by Ecmbuster »

Did you happen to read the owners manual?
The better half's Renault, then that Ford is a Euro model?

The passive term in NA means, "If the vehicle was opened with the remote, with one door opened and closed, the security system would arm after a short period.
If the vehicle was opened with the remote but no doors were opened, the security system would re-arm after a short period.

Not one Ford I have ever seen has that feature.
Do not ask for help in PM. Use the forum to ask and answer questions!
jonrocks

Post by jonrocks »

Ok no need to be a dick?

Yes I have read the manual, have you? Passive open as stated in Forscan is a feature I have, the vehicle has the capability of auto locking whilst driving I simply wanted to know if passive locking could be added as a feature….

If you don’t know then a simple “I don’t know mate” is an acceptable answer
davetcollection
Vehicle: Focus '17 ST-Line 1.0 Auto, Focus 4 1.5D Titanium

Post by davetcollection »

No, it can't be done.
As said, if you unlock with remote but don't open any doors it will relock/arm.

That said, I have activated auto locking and auto relocking on my MK4 Focus and if you open the door whilst engine is still running and have the keys on you, the doors will re-lock.
Ecmbuster

Post by Ecmbuster »

jonrocks wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 6:45 am
Ok no need to be a dick?

Yes I have read the manual, have you? Passive open as stated in Forscan is a feature I have, the vehicle has the capability of auto locking whilst driving I simply wanted to know if passive locking could be added as a feature….

A dick? You must be having a "bad day" and 2 posts must make you a supreme expert.
That would also mean "since I am far less in intelligence than you", it is highly probable that you have the education to solve your AUTOLOCK AFTER WALK AWAY - Ford edge
Yes I can read and forgot more than you know.
jonrocks

Post by jonrocks »

Ecmbuster wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 9:37 am
jonrocks wrote:
Ok no need to be a dick?

A dick? You must be having a "bad day" and 2 posts must make you a supreme expert.
That would also mean "since I am far less in intelligence than you", it is highly probable that you have the education to solve your AUTOLOCK AFTER WALK AWAY - Ford edge
Lol if I was an expert I wouldn’t have asked a question? I came here to ask for help from experts not to take grief for asking a reasonable question, from some dickhead who for some reason went from 0-crying school girl for absolutely no reason…. 🤦‍♂️🤣
Last edited by jonrocks on Wed May 19, 2021 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonrocks

Post by jonrocks »

davetcollection wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 8:01 am
No, it can't be done.
As said, if you unlock with remote but don't open any doors it will relock/arm.

That said, I have activated auto locking and auto relocking on my MK4 Focus and if you open the door whilst engine is still running and have the keys on you, the doors will re-lock.
Much appreciated mate, I had a feeling this would be the case but thought I would ask anyway, I knew about the lock with fob which is why I was hoping it was possible…
Ecmbuster

Post by Ecmbuster »

jonrocks wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 4:45 pm
Ecmbuster wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 9:37 am
jonrocks wrote:
Ok no need to be a dick?

Lol if I was an expert I wouldn’t have asked a question? I came here to ask for help from experts not to take grief for asking a reasonable question, from some dickhead who for some reason went from 0-crying school girl for absolutely no reason…. 🤦‍♂️🤣
Not to sure about the grief part but willing to bet your mother would wash your mouth out with soap.
Did you have your blood sugar checked today?