Transit custom remapping

Any issues related to FORScan application
Jpjpjp
Vehicle: Transit custom 2.0

Transit custom remapping

Post by Jpjpjp »

Hi everyone first time on here I have a late 2018 facelift new model add blue 2.0 130bhp transit custom. I seen on a another group that you can up it to 170bhp via forescan just wondering has anyone done it and is it safe to do some people have said its all the same engine just diffrent map from the factory I know how to do it on forescan but I just don't know if it is safe or not anyone have any advice on it or should I not try it out and leave it at 130bhp
Ecmbuster
Vehicle: Volvo Bertone and two Motorcyles

Re: Transit custom remapping

Post by Ecmbuster »

I read somewhere within the forum that a member accomplished what you're attempting.
As for feed back, keep reading forums. I don't think anyone will admit they destroyed their engine.
If you have the instructions for the modifications and you're able to revert it back, try it out and post your results.
You might want to capture the before and after results the include fuel economy, torque, road speed' injection opening times, injection volume and especially generated faults. Data collected would depend on your model.
Remember the earlier mention "to revert back"!
Do not ask for help in PM. Use the forum to ask and answer questions!
mark.brameld
Vehicle: Transit custom diesel 130ps 2019 crew cab with tailgate

Post by mark.brameld »

That’s sounds awesome I have a 2019 custom kombi. I’m happy to try it on. Can you point me to a how to please?

Cheers
mark.brameld

Post by mark.brameld »

Hi all quick update

I found the engine setting in PCM and changed to 170ps I can feel a different when accelerating but been auto (power shift) I’m not sure if I need to change any other settings in the TCM. Has anyone got the asbuilt for a stock 170ps with auto? So I can compare.

Cheers
Mark
Maatt
Vehicle: Transit custom. 2.0 ecoblue. 130ps. 2017

Post by Maatt »

Hi,
I’m really interested to know how this goes! Got a 130ps and looking to get a little more power out of it. Some of the maps available look to put a bit much torque through the gear box?
Is changing the van to 170ps in the pcm all that needs to be done?
Cheers
Matt
mark.brameld

Post by mark.brameld »

@Matt

Hi, As far as I know yes that’s all I have done. Using forscan I changed the engine type to 170ps. I have noticed a difference.

I’ve got the Auto but not managed to get a look at a stock TCM asbuilt. That said I’ve not noticed any problems and all working fine touch wood lol.

Hope that helps

Cheers
Mark