Not showing all modules

Any issues related to FORScan application
gtrunner
Vehicle: 2018 Ford f150 Lariat 5.0 4wd

Not showing all modules

Post by gtrunner »

I purchased the forscan pro. Auto switches internally for both modes. Apon install I only have access to like 3 or 4 modules. I Should have access to many more. What could be causing the issue?? cant get into things like my instrument cluster or turn signals. Tried a new profile no fix, tried adjusting setting from auto or switch or relay no fix. Any help appreciated. A phone number to a tech support would be nice
tractmec
Vehicle: F150 5.4 Triton 2005 Expy5.4 2003 Fusion 3.0 2010

Re: Not showing all modules

Post by tractmec »

gtrunner wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:13 pm
I purchased the forscan pro. Auto switches internally for both modes. Apon install I only have access to like 3 or 4 modules. I Should have access to many more. What could be causing the issue?? cant get into things like my instrument cluster or turn signals. Tried a new profile no fix, tried adjusting setting from auto or switch or relay no fix. Any help appreciated. A phone number to a tech support would be nice
Read this topic viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17072
as to Forscans opinion of "ForscanPro"
Do not PM me as I am not an Admin nor am I a member of the FORScan Team and all questions should be asked and answered on the Open Forum so all can benefit!
gtrunner
Vehicle: 2018 Ford f150 Lariat 5.0 4wd

Post by gtrunner »

Awesome thank you looks like I fell in the bucket. But I talked t a dealer close to me and his worked as it should. So what should I do I wonder ordered awhile ago through amazon but delete the profile from my truck?? start over? These unit don't "lock" to the vehicle to they if I get another 1??
tractmec
Vehicle: F150 5.4 Triton 2005 Expy5.4 2003 Fusion 3.0 2010

Post by tractmec »

gtrunner wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:23 am
Awesome thank you looks like I fell in the bucket. But I talked t a dealer close to me and his worked as it should. So what should I do I wonder ordered awhile ago through amazon but delete the profile from my truck?? start over? These unit don't "lock" to the vehicle to they if I get another 1??
NO! they don't lock to the vehicle except by saved profile! I would get An OBDlink EX and send this "Pro" :lol: back as defective with a refund request and write a negative review at Amazon with a link to this article on the forum, as suggested in the first post by the Forscan team!

Yes ideally: delete all profiles, once you get an adapter that works, before you connect the new one to the car or you can just answer No: when the message comes up asking if you wish to use an existing profile!
This will force a complete read of every network tree and module. You may save the session as a new profile then!

I suspect this "Forscan Pro" :roll: is using an RTS relay for switching to MSCAN and it is not actually switching! A look in the "Module" tree list tab under the Car Icon will give you an indication of this error! No MSCAN Modules in the list no switching!
Do not PM me as I am not an Admin nor am I a member of the FORScan Team and all questions should be asked and answered on the Open Forum so all can benefit!
MoJo88
Vehicle: Mondeo Vignale 210ps 2017

Post by MoJo88 »

+1 for OBDLink EX. Can't really go wrong with this adapter.
Ecmbuster
Vehicle: Volvo Bertone and two Motorcyles

Post by Ecmbuster »

OBDLink MX + is in another class.
Do not ask for help in PM. Use the forum to ask and answer questions!