Instrument Cluster?

Any issues related to FORScan application
RoyGunnar
Vehicle: Ford Mondeo MK4. 2L. 190HP 2009

Instrument Cluster?

Post by RoyGunnar »

i got an issue where my instrument cluster is starting to turn on and off, happends while driving aswell. Airbag light is on.. ABS and Antispin lights up sometimes aswell, and cant turn off. I visited Ford for a check on my Airbag light, and they said that i had to change my instrument cluster. buuut okey, so what i was going to ask about is that, is there something i have to look for when changing Cluster? Codes etc? i can add
Couldnt add a video. but i hope you get the point. It turns on and off. and that happends while the car is off aswell. So im worried that the battery is draine
Couldnt add a video. but i hope you get the point. It turns on and off. and that happends while the car is off aswell. So im worried that the battery is draine
213.jpg (277.85 KiB) Viewed 397 times
a picture with my instrument cluster code
TJR
Vehicle: 2013 Ford F150 STX 4x4 extended cab, 5.0L

Re: Instrument Cluster?

Post by TJR »

I don't know too much about using Forscan as I'm learning. You caught my attention when you said the cluster would turn on when it should be off. On the Ford F-150 forum guys have had that problem and it has to do with the park switch I think it was. It is support to go to ground in park. Some people had different symptoms but one was the p for park not lighten up. I could be way off base but I think you might want to look at the forum. Good luck.
Ecmbuster
Vehicle: Volvo Bertone and two Motorcyles

Re: Instrument Cluster?

Post by Ecmbuster »

The Ford Mondeo has inherited problems with "cold solder connections" because of vibration.
Most likely there are internal component failures and at times, communication failures.
Do not ask for help in PM. Use the forum to ask and answer questions!