PATS Key Programming

Any issues related to FORScan application
partyhouse
Vehicle: Focus , 1,6 74kW 2006

Re: PATS Key Programming

Post by partyhouse » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:34 pm

fred08155 wrote:Did you clear DTC memory after the first try? If not the DTC will remain i guess.
Also i think it is not possible to program key that is already programmed to PATS.

If your keys still work the problem seems to be the new key. Wrong transponder or defective.

Did you check the manual of your car if additional keys can be learned without software?
At least on Mondeo 2001 - 2007 it is possible to add keys to PATS and central locking without the need of software and OBD adapter...

Yes, i clear the DTC after every try. My keys still working. The new key central locking works ( programming without software ) but adding key to immo is only trought software and OBD. I will try to find another transponder and test.

Stevecvo
Vehicle: Ford Puma 1.4 1999

Post by Stevecvo » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:07 am

I still can't get PATS programming to work. I have the extended licence and my ELM 327 v1.5 connects to the car because I can read the DTCs but when I launch PATS programming under the service procedures I can't get past the warning screen. When I press OK the log shows that PATS was started and then interrupted. Has anyone got any ideas to help me resolve this problem please since I have been unable to use the car now for over 3 weeks. For information the DTC log shows PATS - B1601(new unprogrammed key in the lock) IC - B1318 (low battery voltage) and P0115 (engine coolant temperature circuit fault).

partyhouse
Vehicle: Focus , 1,6 74kW 2006

Post by partyhouse » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:16 pm

Stevecvo wrote:I still can't get PATS programming to work. I have the extended licence and my ELM 327 v1.5 connects to the car because I can read the DTCs but when I launch PATS programming under the service procedures I can't get past the warning screen. When I press OK the log shows that PATS was started and then interrupted. Has anyone got any ideas to help me resolve this problem please since I have been unable to use the car now for over 3 weeks. For information the DTC log shows PATS - B1601(new unprogrammed key in the lock) IC - B1318 (low battery voltage) and P0115 (engine coolant temperature circuit fault).
You can try:
Charge the battery first. Delete DTC. Work with good battery when you want programming. Some screenshots will be good to post here.
If the test returns B1601 code, it means the blank key is OK and can be programmed for this vehicle ( http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1581#p5619 ).
Read also here http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=839

Stevecvo

Post by Stevecvo » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:23 pm

Thanks for your reply. I had read the articles you mention and was working from these.

I cleared the DTCs and tried again with the battery connected to a charger. It was reading 13.35 volts at the terminals. I still had the same problem trying to access the PATS programming. When I clicked on OK on the initial warning screen the process stopped and the log shows that the process was interrupted immediately after is was started. Herewith various screen shots:-
FORScan edition and licence.jpg
extended licence
FORScan edition and licence.jpg (41.95 KiB) Viewed 14863 times
FORScan configuration.jpg
FORScan configuration.jpg (46.07 KiB) Viewed 14863 times
new fault log.jpg
new fault log.jpg (35.98 KiB) Viewed 14863 times
FORScan log.jpg
FORScan log.jpg (67.7 KiB) Viewed 14863 times
FORScan serv procedures log.jpg
FORScan serv procedures log.jpg (35.63 KiB) Viewed 14863 times
service procedure options.jpg
service procedure options.jpg (38.85 KiB) Viewed 14863 times
My ELM 327 obviously connects with the car via FORScan and I have also connected using my Delphi software and my Autel AL 519 scanner to confirm that the vehicle OBD port is functioning properly. However I cannot gets PATS programming to work despite having the extended licence and also when I click on the configuration and programming icon the action boxes at the foot of the screen which opens up are not lit up and I cannot action that function. Is it possible that the ELM operates some functions but not programming or is it likely to be a problem with the software? I have tried reloading FORScan but this made no difference. I have also tried it in demo and debug mode in case this was a factor but obviously with no joy. Any suggestions would be much appreciated

MORENOLORY
Vehicle: ford focus 2004 tdci 100hp

Post by MORENOLORY » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:11 pm

salve a tutti qualcuno sa dirmi come codificare il trasponder della chiave do MK1 FOCUS 2004 tdci? grazie :D :D lanciando le chiavi dal terrazzo si e rotto ne ho comprato uno nuovo ma ora serve dargli i codici grazie

Stevecvo

Post by Stevecvo » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:01 pm

Success at last after much assistance from the FORScan team analysing the logs and offering several revised test PATS programmes. The help that I was given was amazing. I had been trying to programme a third key before deleting the existing two in PATS which is the recommended procedure to make sure that the new key will work. Unfortunately it appears that my early version of PATS did not support this option and it was suggested that I use the delete and programme key option. This worked like a charm and I now have two keys programmed successfully and the car is back on the road again. Many thanks to the team for the perseverance shown in helping me resolve the problem

yevi
Vehicle: 2000 Ford Taurus 3.0 24v

Post by yevi » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:50 pm

So I bought two blanks from Amazon for my 2000 Taurus on the cheap. Had locksmith cut the keys and drove home. Hooked up my laptop and started FORScan and started the procedure for coding new keys (because honestly, who wants a clone key). Waited the requisite ten minutes and followed the prompts. In 30 seconds I went from having 1 physical key (2 were programmed into the vehicle) to 3 physical keys that work perfectly! I chose not to delete the existing key on the offhand chance that they wouldn't be compatible. Thank you FORScan, for saving me a crapload of money!

Next up is finishing the work on the climate control, autolamps, and lean condition.

This is by FAR the best software out there for us. I'd imagine there are more options on some other scanners, but I'd be hard pressed to shell out more on one of those than I paid for my car! :lol:

colinstout
Vehicle: 1.6 tdci cmax 2013

Post by colinstout » Sun May 21, 2017 8:17 am

2006 cmax attempting to add keys, I only had one key, which has lost its code, during a jump start. I bought a genuine ford key from a breakers, got it to open the doors, embarrassingly easy!
However, when I try to programme 2 keys, it puts one in immediately, the other one gets to 13% and fails.
I can do this with either key, in either order, but it will always fail and will not allow two keys. I must be doing something simple wrong
please help

skyway20
Vehicle: ford focus 1.8 tdci 2008

Post by skyway20 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:26 pm

Hi I've just used forscan to program 2 keys on my focus 08 they both start the car etc but now I have the immobiliser light on solid while driving etc even with the old key I just added keys rather then clear them all would this be why? Any help would be amazing keep up the good work guy
Thanks matt
1622 immobiliser id not recognised

focus10
Vehicle: Focus I,1,6 Zetec,74kw,2002

Post by focus10 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:40 am

Hallo, ich bin neu hier. Ich benötige zur Schlüsselprogramierung bei einem Focus 2002 einen zusätzlichen Lizenzschlüssel. Ich benutze die FORScan 2.3.4 beta Version mit der ID: CD823E96-8AF1. ;)