FORScan Lite application has been removed by Google from Play Market

Any issues related to FORScan application
FORScan
Site Admin

FORScan Lite application has been removed by Google from Play Market

Post by FORScan »

Today, September 26, we have received notification from Google that FORScan Lite application has been suspended and removed from Google Play due to a policy violation. They said:
Issue: Violation of Repetitive Content policy

We don't allow apps that merely provide the same experience as other apps already on Google Play. Apps should provide value to users through creation of unique content or services.
Very surprized about this removal and even more about the issue. No any details are provided. 5 years of hard work, user's experience, feedback, reviews - everything has been lost just in a moment. Interesting thing is that FORScan Demo wasn't removed.

We have requested details from the Google team, will see.

Update 2020-10-02:
Today Google finally answered to our appeal and returned FORScan Lite back to the market. No explanations or excuses, just instruction how to re-activate it.

We have unpublished FORScan Demo because we suspect that "Violation of Repetitive Content policy" was caused by the fact FORScan Lite and FORScan Demo are 2 very similar applications, that contradicts to Google Repetitive Content policy:
...Creating multiple apps with highly similar functionality, content, and user experience. If these apps are each small in content volume, developers should consider creating a single app that aggregates all the content....
Yes, FORScan Lite and FORScan Demo are quite different... but not for Google AI that makes decisions about blocking.
proditaki
Vehicle: Mazda 6 II 2009 2.5 GTM

Re: FORScan Lite application has been removed by Google from Play Market

Post by proditaki »

:cry:
I Just bought and installed it. Easily the best android obd app.
The repetitive content remark sounds like bs to me.
artful
Vehicle: Focus 1.6TDCi 2005

Post by artful »

Google doing this have effectively forced users to open security and allow aps from unknown sources.

Perhaps the demo version can have an option to download and install the other version(s) ...
AnotherGary
Vehicle: Ford Falcon

Post by AnotherGary »

Having just purchased a device from OBD2Australia and it arrived yesterday, took over a week to get here, Im less than amused about the lack of software within days of placing and paying for my order.

Can we not simply obtain the apk through other means and bypass Google and their idiocy? Surely its better than waiting to see what Google will eventually do? Im happy to Paypal the fee.

artful wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:57 pm
Google doing this have effectively forced users to open security and allow aps from unknown sources.

Perhaps the demo version can have an option to download and install the other version(s) ...
The demo appears gone from Google too.
FORScan
Site Admin

Post by FORScan »

Today Google finally answered to our appeal and returned FORScan Lite back to the market. No explanations or excuses, just instruction how to re-activate it.

We have unpublished FORScan Demo because we suspect that "Violation of Repetitive Content policy" was caused by the fact FORScan Lite and FORScan Demo are 2 very similar applications, that contradicts to Google Repetitive Content policy:
...Creating multiple apps with highly similar functionality, content, and user experience. If these apps are each small in content volume, developers should consider creating a single app that aggregates all the content....
Yes, FORScan Lite and FORScan Demo are quite different... but not for Google AI that makes decisions about blocking.
esqueue
Vehicle: Lincoln MKZ 3.0t AWD 2017

Post by esqueue »

Make the APK for the demo downloadable so and keep the app in the store.
RogerD1959
Vehicle: Ford Expedition Platinum EL, 3.5L V-6 2016

Post by RogerD1959 »

I am glad you got this all sorted out with Google. If it happens with Amazon don't hold your breath! LOL, ROF! I have been banned from providing product reviews on Amazon, for LIFE! Nope, nothing rude, vulgar, was said. I did point out, as it related to two companies selling the same identical GPS Locator/Vehicle Monitor. Wich of the two companies provided the better customer service experience, bending over backward to correct an issue both of the devices suffered with. On one hand, we have a rude, condescending, accusatory, uncooperative company impossible to deal with. On the other a company that defined excellence in customer service. And all I needed was the hardwire wiring harness so the device could be permanently mounted in fleet vehicles, allowing the internal battery to be a standby power supply, not the primary one. Not only did the latter company send me on trust, at no charge, placing their faith in me that I would be honest, returning the ones that were incorrect requiring too much modification for the application, keeping the one that was closest to a match, requiring the least amount of modification, 5 harnesses were sent each a $ 15.99 item. Apparently, Amazon's A.I. algorithmic police bot is unable to differentiate the difference between an incentive, monetary or otherwise, to elicit a positive review from a consumer. Something Amazon violates daily! And just dam good and decent customer service (Do not send me a product, expensive or otherwise, and tell me I can keep it just tell folks what I think of it!) Talk about loading a baked potato! Since the latter company was also paying the freight both ways. When I returned the 4 other harnesses to the company, I stuck a company purchase order in there, and a cashier's check in the amount of $ 13,750.00. 25% of the total cost to outfit 300 fleet vehicles with this technology and its related wiring harness. A contract worth around $ 55,000.00 all in. Money that did not pass through Amazon's hands, chump change as far as Bezos is concerned, I am sure. But not to the small business vendor. Since Bezos is apparently building a house on Mars! Amazon in outer space! Seriously, disturbing, so now there are three?? Ewe, wee I wonder what Walmart is going to do about that! At least Google corrected their oversight. Don't mess with my FORScan! :D